• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Is it worth my time to pick up DeSean Jackson going up against the pourous Saints pass D and playing him over Jarvis Landry in my flex spot? Or Tyrod Taylor/Marcus Mariota in my super-flex spot?

Also, Taylor @ NYJ instead of Mariota vs Carolina, right?

I'm a little wary of starting Karlos Williams at the Jets on Thursday night. He's an obvious start on Sundays, but it seems like road teams haven't done well and the Jets run D has been solid. I'm starting J Stew at RB and have to play two of the following in the Flex:

Williams
Benjamin
J Thomas
Hurns

only these three as options?

Stevan Ridley would be solid if Chris Ivory got hurt for the Jets

not the only 3 but three that came to me. Ridley is gone. I have Darkwa! and the short term Langford. I picked up Bolden to just to see if he might be a player in the post Lewis era. So I would drop Darkwa! for someone, leaning towards Rawls.

Is it worth my time to pick up DeSean Jackson going up against the pourous Saints pass D and playing him over Jarvis Landry in my flex spot? Or Tyrod Taylor/Marcus Mariota in my super-flex spot?

It's hit or miss with the Jets pass D, was great early in the year and has been torched by Brady, Derek Carr, and f'ing Blake Bortles the past 3 weeks

I know I said this last week...but Taylor and it's not close. Jets pass defense has been shit lately, and Taylor is a great fantasy QB.

not the only 3 but three that came to me. Ridley is gone. I have Darkwa! and the short term Langford. I picked up Bolden to just to see if he might be a player in the post Lewis era. So I would drop Darkwa! for someone, leaning towards Rawls.

I am praying that James White is the next Danny Woodhead/Shane Vereen/Dion Lewis. I picked him up in all three of my leagues.

White should be and will be given the first chance I'd imagine. But with Beli you never know. I could see Jonas Gray getting picked back up by them.

It's hit or miss with the Jets pass D, was great early in the year and has been torched by Brady, Derek Carr, and f'ing Blake Bortles the past 3 weeks

I know I said this last week...but Taylor and it's not close. Jets pass defense has been shit lately, and Taylor is a great fantasy QB.

What about picking up/starting DeSean Jackson and sitting Landry for this week?

If I wouldn't start him, then I'm not going to pick him up because I just view him as a one-week streamer right now and would drop Alfred Blue to make room for him.

Would you veto this trade:

No keepers, we are expanding the league next year and doing a full re-draft

Team A gets:
Roethlisberger
A. Brown
Gronk
JStew

Team B Gets:
A. Rodgers
Edelman
Peterson
A. Gates

Team B is pretty much out of the playoff picture and Team A is Team B's Father in law, currently in 2nd place. Team A has Cam as a QB as well

CJ2K or John Brown as my Cardinals FLEX guy?

Both projected to get similar points (8.5) in a standard scoring non PPR league

Yeah, I wouldn't either. Our commish is considering it, but mainly on the history of team B only doing one sided trades that fleece other people. I think he's looking too hard for an angle.

CJ2K or John Brown as my Cardinals FLEX guy?

Both projected to get similar points (8.5) in a standard scoring non PPR league

I'd go with the RB since their stats are more consistent. WR's, esp speed guys run deep routes, tend to be boom/bust. I'm guessing you would view reliable points over a higher risk/reward guy like Smokey. Also, this is his first week back from a hammy. Watch him play for a week, and stay healthy.

Would you veto this trade:

No keepers, we are expanding the league next year and doing a full re-draft

Team A gets:
Roethlisberger
A. Brown
Gronk
JStew

Team B Gets:
A. Rodgers
Edelman
Peterson
A. Gates

Team B is pretty much out of the playoff picture and Team A is Team B's Father in law, currently in 2nd place. Team A has Cam as a QB as well

Interesting trade... IMO/ not sure who gets the edge on this one. I definitely don't see this as collusion and the trade allowed.

No.

But do give us more info about possible collusion!

Found out more, I apparently missed a lot on the smack talk stream and for some reason yahoo wasn't showing any comments for a while.

The trade was allowed.

The issue was that team A, in second place, was fine losing a little value to stack team B because team B's opponents the last 3 weeks of the season are the 1st, 3rd, and 4th, place teams. Basically Team B marginally improved his team, but stacked a team that most likely will not make the playoffs to give himself a better chance at a bye.

Turns out the commish accidentally vetoed it at first on his phone, because he meant to hit the evaluate trade button and hit disallow instead, but a large discussion ensued.

Would have been a non issue except for team B's history of being somewhat manipulative (especially toward a previous owner who's not that smart and no longer in the league) and always coming out on top of lop sided trades. The trade drastically improves Team B, and the commish and others, thought he was manipulating the situation and overselling the value of a bye (in the league's 8 year history, only 1 team out of the 16 that have had byes have won the championship) to be on top of yet another lop sided trade.

my take was "meh, team A's a big boy and can make his own decisions," but others were screaming collusion and that trades should just better teams and forming "alliances" based on schedules and maximizing the chances of teams in the alliance by swapping players is collusion.

People take this way too seriously (especially when the buy in to the league is a (non-DeacMan) six pack).

Back