• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2015 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Down 11.46 with Dez going tonight... oppo is done. A win locks up a 1st round bye next week at the start of playoffs.

I need 12.16+ points from Dez tonight to win high season total score and that bonus $$$

4 catches, 50 yards, and a TD. That's all I'm asking for. ONE TIMMMMEEEEEEEE

Dez-Bryant.jpg

Bryant's last three games against Washington:

4 Rec, 99 Yards, 2 TD
3 Rec, 30 Yards, 1 TD
4 Rec, 73 Yards, 1 TD

You're probably in good shape.

I am up by 49 points, and if I win by 18 points, I leap from from 3rd to 1st and get a bye in the playoffs - I have Greg Hardy, he has Dez and Dashon Goldson - Im praying for a goose egg from Dez and/or Greg Hardy to put all his beating prowess onto the football field and get 2 or 3 sacks.

Ok, win and in next week.

QB Mariotta vs NYG or Hoyer vs NE

WR and 2 Flex positions out of these 5: West KC vs SD, J Allen Balt vs Sea, Hilton Ind vs Jax, Brown AZ vs Min, Benjamin Cle vs SF

Missed the playoffs by 6 points. I blame the Vikings for sucking so AP was limited.

Words I never thought I'd say. I would be out of the playoffs hunt if my opponent had started Blaine Gabbert.

If you are talking pit league you have already made the playoffs barring something crazy, you would need to lose this week and get out paced by the 9th place team by 53 points, you should be safe

Yeah. I'm in because I beat Doofus last week. If he had started Blaine Gabbert instead of Hasselbeck, I'd have lost. I'd be 7-6 in 8th place needing a win or every other 7-6 team to lose in order to make the playoffs.

Interesting scenario with my matchup with SD3. If I beat him, he likely moves from 3rd to 7th and you and I would end up in the 4/5 playing each other.

Last edited:
In all-play, the "play-offs" are just contending teams within reach of the lead. Here are the team ranks and the number of games behind they are with 36 games to play:

1. 0.0
2. -0.5
3. -2.0
4. -5.5
5. -8.5
6. -12.5

What is built in is the reward for a good season. The first three teams are in a virtual tie, while 4th through 6th have some work to do - not only to catch leader, but also leap frog teams ahead of them.

Teams more than 36 games back (like me) are out of championship contention, but can still play spoiler. You have to beat the entire league for the whole season to win the trophy. There is nothing special about the last month of the season. These weeks count as much as every other.

In all-play, the "play-offs" are just contending teams within reach of the lead. Here are the team ranks and the number of games behind they are with 36 games to play:

1. 0.0
2. -0.5
3. -2.0
4. -5.5
5. -8.5
6. -12.5

What is built in is the reward for a good season. The first three teams are in a virtual tie, while 4th through 6th have some work to do - not only to catch leader, but also leap frog teams ahead of them.

Teams more than 36 games back (like me) are out of championship contention, but can still play spoiler. You have to beat the entire league for the whole season to win the trophy. There is nothing special about the last month of the season. These weeks count as much as every other.

If my league was all play, I'd have a 22.5 game lead going into Week 14 of the season, and everyone behind me would have virtually no hope to finish as the league champion. While that's obviously great for me, that doesn't provide much incentive for the rest of teams who would have the playoffs to look forward to in a normal format.

Would it be fair if you didn't win? Who had the best season, collected the most stats? Is valuing weeks 14-17 arbitrary?

Would it be fair if you didn't win? Who had the best season, collected the most stats? Is valuing weeks 14-17 arbitrary?

Might not be fair, but that's part of the deal with single-elimination sports. You can offer bonuses for total weekly high score, and total points scored during the season to help offset the randomness of a single-elimination playoffs, if you desire.

Why is stats collection a single elimination sport?

And my first post demos that the reward is already built in all play.

Pick 4 for RB/WR/Flex/Flex

Golden Tate
Charcandrick West
Danny Amendola
Ameer Abdullah
Dexter McCluster
Dontrelle Inman
Dan Herron
Markus Wheaton

First 4, right? Part of me thinks Wheaton may be a better play than Abdullah.

I'd go with your first 3 and Wheaton for exactly the reason you stated.

Start Tyrod Taylor at Philly instead of Mariota at NY Jets, right?

Pick 1 TE to start: Gates (@KC), Eifert *if healthy* (vs Pitt), Chandler (@ Hou)

Or start 2 of those TEs and sit one of Dez Bryant @ GB or Jarvis Landry vs NY Giants.

If Mark Ingram is out I can start James White (@ Hou) or Jay Ajayi (vs NY Giants) -- I already will be starting Lamar Miller. I could also potentially add Jeremy Langford (vs Wash) off the wire as another option. James White is the call here, right?

Back