• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

That Cubs/Nats game had 42 total baserunners on hits/walks/HBP and only 7 total runs - thats just weird. 25 hits, 13 walks and 4 HBPs.

The Bartolo Colon home run was the highlight of the weekend. Possibly of the year. I love the announcer who called it like they had won the World Series.

Tanner Roark accuses Cubs of playing “scared baseball” by avoiding Bryce Harper

But they won, though.

Nats went 1 for 19 with RISP. 21 runners left on base. 21!

Cubs give Bryce Harper the Barry Bonds treatment, sweep Nationals

Meanwhile, the Cubs have now won 80% of their games.

Harper had 18 plate appearances in the series, 1-4 with 13 BBs and HBP.

Not sure he warrants that type of treatment, but it worked, so why not.

The Cubs are insane. Also,

product_1248577812d.jpeg

And the Phillies pull out yet another one run victory, to go 11-3 in one run differential games. 18 wins total on the season, 11 by one run. That is pretty impressive. Squeak out a lot of wins by one run. Lose big, usually, when they lose. They can't hit but the young pitchers are really impressive.

Normally you'd advise against such a strategy to get to the clean up hitter, but Zimmerman had two hits in the four game series.

And the Phillies pull out yet another one run victory, to go 11-3 in one run differential games. 18 wins total on the season, 11 by one run. That is pretty impressive. Squeak out a lot of wins by one run. Lose big, usually, when they lose. They can't hit but the young pitchers are really impressive.

Totally sustainable, IMO.

I think it's more that Ryan Zimmerman warrants that kind of treatment for Bryce Harper. 14 LOB in one game? Woof.

Bryce Harper had the 6th highest OPS on the Nats in 2014.

That was a weird year

Lol at Bryce Harper. Gets tossed, next batter hits a walk off, he immediately gets caught on camera running onto the field pointing at the ump and screaming, "FUCK YOU!"

I admit, I had given up on JBJ at the end of 2014. Holy hell was I wrong.

Every team which has played at Turner Field this year has won at least 2 games there - except the Braves

It's May 10th and in the 16 games played at Turner Field, the Braves have the seventh most wins there

Cardinals - 3
Diamondbacks - 3
Mets - 3
Dodgers - 2
Nationals - 2
Red Sox - 2
Braves - 1

Shocked he took that deal - gotta imagine the Yanks would pony up some bucks with Tex and Beltran coming off the books

Back