• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Rangers finally falling back to earth. Need some healthy pitching

US Cellular. Extremely boring & bland stadium. Pretty boring atmosphere there, too. Outside of the stadium looks decent, but nothing special, pretty generic. Concessions were extremely generic. Happy to check off another stadium, but won't be going back or suggesting it.

The White Sox built that thing like a year before Camden Yards, which set off the wave of cool new stadiums. Bad timing.

Also probably a little different as you weren't there during the peak-era Jon Garland throwing rocks years, like the last time I was there. It was electric!

Zach Eflin, the prospect that came over to the Phils in the Jimmy Rollins trade, had a terrible debut. Since then he's been pretttty good.

1st game: 2.2 IP, 9 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Four games since: 26.2 IP, 21 H, 8 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 13 K

That includes a complete game* last night for his first win.

:heart:

* against the Braves

Rangers finally falling back to earth. Need some healthy pitching

5-5 in their last 10!

They've actually fared better than I thought they would. The Astros have been going bananas for over a month (They were 15-28 on May 22 and they are 45-39 now), yet they're still 7.5 GB.

Zach Eflin, the prospect that came over to the Phils in the Jimmy Rollins trade, had a terrible debut. Since then he's been pretttty good.

1st game: 2.2 IP, 9 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
Four games since: 26.2 IP, 21 H, 8 R, 6 ER, 1 BB, 13 K

That includes a complete game* last night for his first win.

:heart:

* against the Braves

DAT 4.39 K/9 DOH

Looked at the All-Star game rosters and immediate reaction was "woof." Is MLB in a lull in terms of great players right now? Maybe it's just me.

5-5 in their last 10!

They've actually fared better than I thought they would. The Astros have been going bananas for over a month (They were 15-28 on May 22 and they are 45-39 now), yet they're still 7.5 GB.

Ya Stros are hot. Need to keep them at bay for as long as possible while we get healthy

Looked at the All-Star game rosters and immediate reaction was "woof." Is MLB in a lull in terms of great players right now? Maybe it's just me.

Way more great pitchers than position players at the moment.

Also, per Jayson Stark's tweeting, I can't decide which ASG rule is worse: deciding WS home field or giving every team a rep. Thanks Obama.

Way more great pitchers than position players at the moment.

Also, per Jayson Stark's tweeting, I can't decide which ASG rule is worse: deciding WS home field or giving every team a rep. Thanks Obama.

WS home field goes to best record, because everyone knows that regular season > an exhibition game. I get the spirit behind the every team rep, but it's not the All-Participation Game, it's the All-Star Game, so get out of here Eduardo Nunez.

the pitching is way better than bats right now. we need another expansion.

Was gifted some rooftop tickets for tonight. Pretty stoked.

Nope. Internet ballot stuffing by certain teams. The same thing happened when you had to vote at the park.

I actually think the opposite is true. Who gives a fuck about the all-star game? There is just an insane amount of young talent in the league right now, from all the young SS (Correa, Machado, Lindor, Seager, Bogaerts, Russell, etc.) to bona-fide stars (Trout, Harper, Donaldson, Altuve). Then you have Kershaw making his own case for inclusion with Pedro and the other greats.

And yes, I could mention Betts and Bradley and the Pirates outfield and Jose Fernandez, and on and on. I know I'm missing plenty of players worth mentioning.

Back