• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Has there ever been another version of Francoeur? A mediocre journeyman who's engendered complete adoration from every fanbase he's played for? Every time I watch a game where Francoeur is playing against a former team, the home fans wig out for him.

No one will ever love Francoeur like us Braves fans loved him in 2005 though. He was a man-god. The next Dale Murphy. Oh whale.

Law calls it a huge win for SD. Fangraphs didn't actually have a take despite 2 articles.

Law calls it a huge win for SD. Fangraphs didn't actually have a take despite 2 articles.

Most things I read agree - but I also had seen recently that a great comparison for Espinoza was CJ Edwards, who is awesome, but the slight frame pitchers all get compared to Pedro, which is unfair - either way its an 18 year old pitching prospect that is 2-3 years away at best for years of control of Pomeranz is a solid play for boston - especially as a 1-for-1

I don't think CJ Edwards was ever regarded in the same tier as Espinoza.

It's a overpay in the sense that Pomeranz might be fool's gold but maybe he has turned a corner. He has never shown an ability to give 150+ innings despite not having a slight frame.

Houston has signed the older Gurriel, who is a 32 year old Cuban third basemen. Track record hasn't been so good lately on those guys and kinda curious when they have one of the best prospects in baseball about ready to play on the left side with Correa.

Cardinals hacker bro sentenced to 46 months in prison and ordered to pay 279k in restitution. Time for MLB to GET'EM (the Cards).

aroldis chapman threw a baseball 105 miles per hour last night

Back