• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Why does it seem like season ending injuries happen way more often in baseball

Wanted to plug the latest Jonah Keri's podcast with Tim Kurkjian. They tell some pretty funny stories, definitely worth a listen.

49. Brett Phillips, CF, Milwaukee Brewers
Why He Might Fail: If his laugh cascades around the rafters of Miller Park, it could touch off a seismic event that dislodges the beer slide and initiates a Rube Goldbergian series of events that drowns Bernie Brewer, knocks the sausage-race Brat unconscious, and leads to a pitchfork-wielding mob chasing him to Sheboygan, where he’s last seen jet skiing off across the dark waters of Lake Michigan.

Tonight is most likely the last time you'll get BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK BACK

I was thinking that these uniforms are a crime against humanity, but seeing Odubel and CarGo with the high socks makes me think that mayyyyyybe they are in the "so ugly it's awesome" camp?

Wait, now they're on my TV being worn by Fall Out Boy. Ugly again.

Ugliest unis I have ever seen. But damn, Giancarlo Stanton is a beast.

I might be in the minority, but I wish SD would go back to the brown & yellow.

I love the old Padres unis. The Wife, OTOH, is about to barf.

Speaking of barf, I really hope Chris Berman's retirement doesn't mean that ESPN brings him back for the HR Derby every year. Not only is he annoying, but half the shit he says doesn't even make sense.

----------
Tapatalk.

Giancarlo's liners are gonna kill one of these kids.

Good lord. I freaking love Stanton. Dude was made to crush baseballs.

Giancarlo Stanton's record Derby causes Marlins marketing headache

Earlier in the day, the Marlins sent an email to their fans advertising that "when Giancarlo homers, you score!"

The offer said that "each time G launches a home run out of Petco Park, we'll knock a percentage point off future Marlins tickets."Stanton proceeded to launch 61 home runs, besting Bobby Abreu's 2005 record in the contest by 20 homers. His final competitor, Todd Frazier, also broke the record by one (42 home runs).

So did that mean that Marlins fans got 61 percent off future games?

Well, not exactly. Fans who clicked on the link, which activated after the contest, discovered they would get just 25 percent off on all seats for 35 specified future Marlins games.

A $26 seat becomes $20.

A $218 seat is $164.

With a 61 percent discount, a $26 seat would be $10.14. The $218 seat would be $85.02.

When reached Monday night, team president David Samson said that, although the terms were not specified in the initial email to fans, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, which runs team websites, sets a maximum on these type of offers at 25 percent.

"What Giancarlo did was so cool that we are working on an additional offer," Samson said. "We're thinking about picking a game and offering 61 percent off."

Some fans might argue that's what they thought they were guaranteed when the contest ended.

lol, can fans sue since the max discount wasn't included in the email?

Stanton was just silly. That was fun to watch.

It was awesome. Can't decide if that, McGuire or Hamilton Derby takes the cake

The fact that Stanton just kept going might seal it. I thought for sure he wouldn't last in finals

Josh hitting 28 in Rd 1 (and 12 in a row) was pretty awesome though

Back