• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Phillies still waiting for offers for Hellickson. He should have a new team by tonight.

Not sure anyone will offer enough to get Valasquez from them. He's young enough to be part of the rebuild rather than an asset to be traded for potential building blocks, unless the offer is for at least two MLB nearly ready bats.

I think the phils are only a couple of years away, no need to trade Vince unless they get overwhelmed. There was talk that Hellickson might accept a QO if he gets one, take the best offer and run.

Also, Rae left after 4 for the Fish. So we needed SP help, and traded 4 players for a return of a AA arm, 4 innings, and a 2 month rental. Sigh, Marlins...

Hey, maybe some good news

How the hell is that even possible? Do these trades have escape clauses in them now?

Came to post this. Perhaps there's a clause about "damaged goods." Crazy. We're getting Castillo back, which is the piece I'd want back the most, and seems to be the most fair.

TR SullivanVerified account
‏@Sullivan_Ranger
Looks like everybody is knocking on Tampa Bay’s door for pitching…. that’s only going to keep the price high

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago
#Dodgers’ talks with #Rays revolve largely around TB’s starting pitching, but LAD also likes infielder Logan Forsythe, source says.

that was my point.

sounds like guyer is on the move.

Sounds like the Yanks are getting another top 50 prospect for Beltran from the Rangers.

Centerpiece of the Matt Garza trade.

lol

Sounds like the Yanks are getting another top 50 prospect for Beltran from the Rangers.

meh... top 50 to start the year. dec buy low, but theyll also likely be forfeiting a pick.

yeah, 7th round pick last year. dude is raking in his first pro season though (between a and high-a).

Teddy Cahill ‏@tedcahill 1m1 minute ago
Jhonleider Salinas, going to Rays in the Guyer deal, is a hard-throwing, 20-year-old RHP in the AZL. Been up to 96 mph.

so a couple of lotto tix in a-ball for a 4th of in his first year of arb,. meh. not great but whatev.

Dodgers give up Frankie Montas & Grant Holmes - both MLB.com top 100 prospects and Jharel Cotton, their 13th rated prospect - thats a bunch for two rentals, priced out anyone else interested.

Also, made me look at the Dodgers minor league talent, they are still loaded.

Giants gave up their top prospect, Bickford, for Will Smith.

and Reds only getting Brandon Nimmo for Jay Bruce. Walt Jocketty is a terrible salesman.

Yankees are re-stocking their system and have a ton of bad money coming off the books. 2018 and onward they are going to be very tough to beat.

Back