• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Also, Rae left after 4 for the Fish. So we needed SP help, and traded 4 players for a return of a AA arm, 4 innings, and a 2 month rental. Sigh, Marlins...

I get why he made the demands, but they're unreasonable.

Agreed. Weird situation, too. Said he wants to be dealt to a contender. Dealt to one of the hottest teams in baseball and says no. Not like it's a one season window, either. Cleveland should be just as good next year. One of the best staffs in the league on cheap contracts.

Agreed. Weird situation, too. Said he wants to be dealt to a contender. Dealt to one of the hottest teams in baseball and says no. Not like it's a one season window, either. Cleveland should be just as good next year. One of the best staffs in the league on cheap contracts.

He doesn't want to be a backup catcher the year before he hits free agency, which is likely his last opportunity for a big pay day. Maybe his decision would have gone differently if he had earned more by now.

Well this stinks for Cleveland. I'm getting behind the idea of the city keeping the vibes going and winning in another sport. Some reporter has it wrong if there's concern Lucroy is a backup, maybe a C/DH/1B or something, which would probably hurt his value heading into FA.

Matt Cain pitched 5 no hit innings before being lifted for pinch hitter Madison Bumgarner who doubled before being pinch ran for by Jeff Samardzija.

He doesn't want to be a backup catcher the year before he hits free agency, which is likely his last opportunity for a big pay day. Maybe his decision would have gone differently if he had earned more by now.

Who's he going to sit behind? Gomes? Mejia was probably a year away and I think he was included in the deal. I don't see Lucroy being the backup with how awful Cleveland's catchers have produced. You don't sit a .300, 20 HR, 80 RBI (current pace) bat in favor of anybody on their roster.

What the heck has Buster been talking about regarding Matusz auditioning like any team is going to give anything of worth to acquire him? He lasted about 15 seconds on the worst team in baseball who only took him on to buy a draft pick.

Indians still feel like an under-the-radar team. I don't think I could name more than 3-4 guys on their roster.

What the heck has Buster been talking about regarding Matusz auditioning like any team is going to give anything of worth to acquire him? He lasted about 15 seconds on the worst team in baseball who only took him on to buy a draft pick.

Still wondering if the timing of his callup had something to do with an audition (or gaining the smallest trade value) versus a good baseball move - I can't imagine they actually thought he would outduel felix.

Matusz did have an opt-out clause if he wasn't given the opportunity to start for the Cubs within a certain number of days. I'm sure he wishes they hadn't given him the opportunity

Rich Hill / Josh Reddick to the Dodgers.

Dodgers give up Frankie Montas & Grant Holmes - both MLB.com top 100 prospects and Jharel Cotton, their 13th rated prospect - thats a bunch for two rentals, priced out anyone else interested.

Also, made me look at the Dodgers minor league talent, they are still loaded.

Phillies still waiting for offers for Hellickson. He should have a new team by tonight.

Not sure anyone will offer enough to get Valasquez from them. He's young enough to be part of the rebuild rather than an asset to be traded for potential building blocks, unless the offer is for at least two MLB nearly ready bats.

rays doing nothing. watch us get hot and win 78 games with our 6 man rotation.

Back