• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Cashner going to the Marlins - I thought he had top of the rotation stuff a couple of years ago, but his velo is steadily going down and he is giving up a bunch of homers. Hope he can figure it out in Miami.

Cashner going to the Marlins - I thought he had top of the rotation stuff a couple of years ago, but his velo is steadily going down and he is giving up a bunch of homers. Hope he can figure it out in Miami.
Hate losing Naylor, but two SP is much needed for us.

Never mind, we're getting pillaged in this trade, again...

Naylor and Castillo - Is Cosart really a loss? Hasn't seemed to do too much since he left Houston - but thats a lot for what Cash & Rea have put up this year.

Rea and Cosart have equal value so that's a wash. Naylor for Cashner, sure. But not Castillo, too. Plus, we let Henderson Alvarez go in the offseason for nothing. And then there's the whole debacle of the draft of a few years ago, when we selected Tyler Kolek over Carlos Rodon, who could be starting for us now.

Go big or go home rays

watch them shoot for the stars for everyone and end up with FA pearce and 6 sps down the stretch.

Is Rizzo feeling some heat? That sounds like the Nats version of the Erat / Forsberg trade made by the Caps a few years ago. (Sorry again, HTTD.)

if you put giolito in the bullpen now how much worse is he than miller?

The Nats' system is top heavy, no? If they go all in and win, it stings less if Harper leaves and they have to reboot (even though those pitcher contracts are brutal).

heyman reporting the yanks wouldnt do it for giolito means it's BS, IMO.

lol. yanks want "4 times the return for chapman" for miller per heyman. that is crazy. if it's even remotely true the rays need to move colome and at least 2 starters.

The Yankees never think past next year. I guess they've determined Miller would be more key to 2017's success than Giolito, which I suppose makes sense

The Pirates wanted a Chapman type deal for Melancon - and it looks like they gave him away? What am I missing about these nats players?

Well it is kind of funny that people are going berzerk over how much relievers are commanding in this market unless of course your primary return is another reliever with 5 years of control. There aren't many organizations I'd trust more right now from a eval/development perspective.

Back