• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

By the way, in what world is Mark Trumbo for Steve freaking Clevenger a fair trade?

Story hit his 6th HR in his first 4 games tonight. Ridiculous.

Now at 7 in 7. Unreal.

A couple of years ago, one of our Richmond (AA) players got called up to SF and got off to a really hot start at the plate in his 1st two games.

He said after the season Bochy told him not to let it go to his head... his 2nd HR had landed him on the scouting report of every pitcher that he would face from then on in his rookie season.

You gotta know that teams lined up to play COL are dusting off old footage of Story to figure out how to keep the rookie in the park.

How long is Hector Olivera gone for?

Chapman got 30 games with no charges pressed. Looks like Olivera will be charged unless the lady doesn't show up to court or whatever. Right now on administrative leave. Have to assume if charges are filed, it'll be a hefty suspension.

This Nats team is pretty underwhelming, so I don't even know how to describe this Braves team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Nats team is pretty underwhelming, so I don't even know how to describe this Braves team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Mets play the whole season with an AAA offense, the Nats will win that division by 20 games.

Yoenis flies into the stands

Dude who caught the ball looks pretty proud of himself.

I screamed "stop, you fool" at my iPad when I saw him barreling towards the stands. Here's the clip from another angle.

1253672829_1322576236.gif

Haha, A for effort, but not execution.

The Trop catwalks strike again:

Vince Velasquez with a 3 hit, 16 K, 0 BB shut out.

Yes, it was the Padres. But still.

Finished the game by striking out Wil Myers with a 96 mph fastball.

I'm gonna go ahead and turn this into a Phillies thread.

Vince Velasquez with a 3 hit, 16 K, 0 BB shut out.

Yes, it was the Padres. But still.

Finished the game by striking out Wil Myers with a 96 mph fastball.

I'm gonna go ahead and turn this into a Phillies thread.

:eek:

Losing VV was the one prospect that really made Astros fans blanch.

The only two times in history both Chicago franchises have started 6-2 or better, the Cubs played the Tigers in the World Series.

Can't fight that.

rays shut out at home. archer now 0-3 with 4 total runs scored by the rays in his 3 starts. it isn't like he's been great (5.74 era/5 hrs) but THOSE K's (13.2/9) and xfip (3.0) lead me to believe he'll settle in.

Back