• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (AL Wild Card game O's at TOR)

Matt Williams approves of Buck's strategy.

Jays/Rangers is gonna be money!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And Britton wasn't injured. Showalter continually making references to it being a road game playing into his thinking -- i.e. don't use him until a save situation.

Just terrible

Bob's gonna have a really rough fall. Capped off by Wake goin' bowlin

That was the worst display of managing I've ever seen. Yikes.

Kill me.

And Britton wasn't injured. Showalter continually making references to it being a road game playing into his thinking -- i.e. don't use him until a save situation.

Just terrible

How is this still a thing in managers' minds? A one-game, winner-take-all situation and you're sticking to an outdated philosophy and leaving your best pitcher - a reliever whose name is getting tossed around for Cy Young AND MVP - in the bullpen?

Buck has always struck me as a thoughtful guy, but he seriously blew that game. Even if Britton pitches 8-9-10 and they lose in the 11th, you can still say you did everything you could to win. Can't say that now.

How is this still a thing in managers' minds? A one-game, winner-take-all situation and you're sticking to an outdated philosophy and leaving your best pitcher - a reliever whose name is getting tossed around for Cy Young AND MVP - in the bullpen?

Buck has always struck me as a thoughtful guy, but he seriously blew that game. Even if Britton pitches 8-9-10 and they lose in the 11th, you can still say you did everything you could to win. Can't say that now.

Agreed

Lost in the criticism for failing to pitch Britton is that the Orioles went not just scoreless, but hitless, in 5 innings against what was supposed to be a mediocre, at best, Jays bullpen.

Buck did manage to get 5 and 1/3 scoreless innings out of his own bullpen (without using Britton), but the O's offense was never able to even threaten.

Aside from a couple good days against Detroit the O's O has been consistently terrible in the poffs

LOVED seeing the Duke grad do work last night for the Jays. Since my fish once again missed the post season for the 13th straight season, I gotta follow Stroman to the end.

The game was tied.

I think the turning point was the LF booting the ball. Had it it been 1st and 2nd rather than 1st and 3rd, Jimenez wouldn't have had to try to be perfect.

The game was tied.

I think the turning point was the LF booting the ball. Had it it been 1st and 2nd rather than 1st and 3rd, Jimenez wouldn't have had to try to be perfect.

lolz. dude crushed it, I think you are giving ubaldo WAAAAAAYYYY too much credit.

Lost in the criticism for failing to pitch Britton is that the Orioles went not just scoreless, but hitless, in 5 innings against what was supposed to be a mediocre, at best, Jays bullpen.

Buck did manage to get 5 and 1/3 scoreless innings out of his own bullpen (without using Britton), but the O's offense was never able to even threaten.

Yeah. Buck was wrong, but the offense lost the game. Swinging for the damn fences every at bat. No bueno.

Aside from a couple good days against Detroit the O's O has been consistently terrible in the poffs

Well, the Os swept the Tigers who threw Verlander, Price and Scherzer at them. They also beat Texas on the road in the wild card game in 2012. In 2012, they also took the Yankees to Game 5 in the ALDS. But don't let that stop your narrative.

Was waiting for defensive Marylander response. Like clockwork.

Didn't score more than 3 runs in any of the 5 games against the Yanks. Meekly went down against the Royals. Last night.

There have inevitably been a couple good offensive days, but for a team built around its offense, the O's bats have inarguably let them down in October. You said so yourself just one post before

Last edited:
Back