• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Justin Upton doing an impression of his 2013 self. In Turner and doesn't take the bat off his shoulder in the team's final AB of the season.

Fun series to attend. Braves pulled out all the stops. Really stupid to stop using the Ted so soon.

Also, Teheran was silly in the final game, we never looked like we had a shot. The night before, though, we had bases loaded, no outs, and Miggy/JD up and couldn't fucking score. If you can't win 2/3 in ATL to make the playoffs, you don't really deserve to get in.

Anyway, still think JV should get Cy Young and Fulmer ROY:

Ct4wuh_WIAAztKh.jpg

This iteration of the Blue Jays is so unlikeable. Let's go O's! Put Canada in its place.

Wouldn't mind seeing another round of Blue Jays versus Rangers as that series would get very chippy quickly.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what you define as painful. To me it's more painful to get agonizingly close to a title yet still never win it, with all the built up home that comes up with, than to be just outright terrible like the O's were for 15 years or the Cubs were between their '03-04, '07-08 and current spates of success.

So to me, I'd say 30ish-old Indians or Rangers fans have had rougher rides than the Cubs, and wouldn't claim to say I at least have been more put upon than fans of those fan bases

I think the issue is more about the baggage, the Indians and Cubs fans every time they make the playoffs get to hear about all the terrible things that happened to their franchise, so it's drilled into their heads, hence making it worse, than a Rangers or Mariners fan, who have nothing interesting in their histories.

Haven't decided who I'm pulling for in the playoffs this year, but I've narrowed it down to 9 teams: Red Sox, Indians, Rangers, Orioles, Blue Jays, Nationals, Giants, Dodgers & Mets.

Stroman feeling it.

I just missed the Bautista home run. Was there a bat flip? I hope there was a bat flip.

man i'm pumped about these playoffs. as long as the sawx don't win the series i'll be happy.

(the sawx will no doubt win the series now)

(but #MYEVENYEARS are really gonna win)

Toronto fans throw a water bottle at Kim as he tries to catch a ball in LF. He makes the play. TOR fans are underrated as worst in baseball.

Not sure the O's can keep leaning on double plays to get out of jams. We need some offense.

Back