• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 MLB Season Thread (Nats Blow It Again)

Whoa, Oliver Perez sighting. Teach your kids how to throw left-handed.

I believe I heard this stat correctly:

The Braves have failed to homer in their last 14 games which is the longest homerless streak for an MLB team in 15 years.

Some random Vegas site is setting odds on relevant Bryce Harper numbers and his future team:

- Over/under on the value of Harper’s next contract: $450 million
- Over/under on the length of Harper’s next contract: 12 years
- Odds Harper’s next contract is with:
Yankees: 10/3
Dodgers: 4/1
Nationals: 7/1
Red Sox: 9/1
Phillies: 10/1

- Odds Harper plays for the entire length of the contract: 1/8
- Over/under on career HRs for Harper: 599.5

https://onlinegambling.lv/sportsbetting/headlines/hot-headlines-odds-mcgregors-next-move-and-more/

Two of my friends have a random $100 Harper bet...o/u $500 million earned between 2016-2037

looks like i'll be in la next weekend to see MY RAYS in anaheim. any suggestions on sections?

Will probably have a good idea if it'll hit or not by 2019

I think he'll get $500 mil on his contract, and rightfully so. It'll be an insanely long contract, though.

Edit: after thinking about, maybe not. $400 mil without a doubt

Last edited:
Holy hell, the Braves suck.

I think he'll get $500 mil on his contract, and rightfully so. It'll be an insanely long contract, though.

Edit: after thinking about, maybe not. $400 mil without a doubt

hell, he could legitimately get $40 million in arbitration

This nonsense with Aledmys Diaz and Hazelbaker is fucking typical Cardinals.

He's had one truly, all-time great season to go along with a stellar scouting report. Let's not give him too much credit, yet. He very may well end up earning that kind of money, but he's had 357 games of "meh" and 173 of stellar.

I hardly call his year 19/20 stats "meh" when you factor in the age, and then year 21 he was affected by a tough thumb injury

Don't see it. Record is Price at 19.75. Arbitration is typically conservative. If he even comes close to 40 mil it will be in arb 4 year. Record jump is 7.5 mil, and he makes 5 mil now. If he has 2 record jumps, that is still 23 million.

I hardly call his year 19/20 stats "meh" when you factor in the age, and then year 21 he was affected by a tough thumb injury

If $40M is the bar, those stats were "meh." Point taken though, still better than league average given his age.

Don't see it. Record is Price at 19.75. Arbitration is typically conservative. If he even comes close to 40 mil it will be in arb 4 year. Record jump is 7.5 mil, and he makes 5 mil now. If he has 2 record jumps, that is still 23 million.

I meant $40 million total....pretty sure he's not Super Two and is only eligible for three years

Back