• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018 NBA Offseason Thread: the preseason cometh

But the Cavs have to trade Love in that scenario to make the salaries work, right? CP3 isn't that much of an upgrade over Love to justify giving up the potential #1 pick.

Lol. Trading the pick for CP3 (even if Houston would accept that) is stupid for other reasons (mainly redundancy with IT) but Chris is several tiers above Love.

Overrated, Overrated, severely underrated but also old.

I disagree. Especially when you aren't necessarily sacrificing your future. I think Wiggins will turn into a good player but he's never going to be more than the third best player on that team as currently constructed.

Grow a pair and put together a roster that can match the Warriors even if only for a year rather than sitting around and hoping Wiggins justifies the max money you are about to give him.

I wouldn't need a full pair to challenge the snow peas you have taped between your legs.

The Spurs trade Aldridge and their pick for a mid-1st round pick

Trade Green and Gay for bags of chips.

Trade Patty Mills for a lower priced player or pick.

Sign Lebron and CP3

Lol if you actually think Lebron would ever set foot in SA. He's way too much about himself for that. Plus, not enough other stuff going on to help build his non NBA "empire"

I wouldn't need a full pair to challenge the snow peas you have taped between your legs.

The Spurs trade Aldridge and their pick for a mid-1st round pick

Trade Green and Gay for bags of chips.

Trade Patty Mills for a lower priced player or pick.

Sign Lebron and CP3

Well I clearly wasn't directing that statement to you unless you happen to own or manage the T-wolves, but ok.

Lol if you actually think Lebron would ever set foot in SA. He's way too much about himself for that. Plus, not enough other stuff going on to help build his non NBA "empire"

This (without the condescension). Lakers make too much sense from a business and basketball perspective.

I could see the Spurs as another potential trade deadline pit stop for Lebron. Flip Aldridge and maybe one of their draft and stash guys for LeBron. I think Cleveland begrudgingly accepts that.

Well I clearly wasn't directing that statement to you unless you happen to own or manage the T-wolves, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
You forgot Klay, Livingston. Iggy. You don't gamble your future on a one time maybe.
Overrated, Overrated, severely underrated but also old.

I disagree. Especially when you aren't necessarily sacrificing your future. I think Wiggins will turn into a good player but he's never going to be more than the third best player on that team as currently constructed.

Grow a pair and put together a roster that can match the Warriors even if only for a year rather than sitting around and hoping Wiggins justifies the max money you are about to give him."

Considering you DIRECTLY quoted me and RESPONDED to my previous post, you were directing your post to me.

I know you'll lie or come up with some bizarre excuse, but the definition of "directing that statement to you" is responding to me as you did.

Grow a pair and put together a roster that can match the Warriors even if only for a year rather than sitting around and hoping Wiggins justifies the max money you are about to give him."

Considering you DIRECTLY quoted me and RESPONDED to my previous post, you were directing your post to me.

I know you'll lie or come up with some bizarre excuse, but the definition of "directing that statement to you" is responding to me as you did.

Who is the subject of that sentence? Are you about to pay Andrew Wiggins max money? Or is that someone else?

Last edited:
Who is the subject of that sentence?

Seems like he's telling the Timberwolves (the team that landed the best FA that reasonably considered them, and traded for the best player on the market) to grow a pair and try to build a contender.

It's a weird sentiment.

Last edited:
Seems like he's telling the Timberwolves (the team that landed the best FA that reasonably considered them, and traded for the best player on the market) to grow a pair and try to build a contender.

It's a weird sentiment.

In the hypothetical scenario where they have a chance to flip Wiggins for 4 months of Lebron, it would be pretty "ball-less" so to speak to not pull the trigger.

I happen to think they would pull the trigger so I don't actually think they need to grow a pair.

Wiggins isn't very good, I'd trade him for 1 playoffs of Lebron in a heart beat.

I'm really sorry to hear that RJ. If you ever need help reading and understanding a sentence I'm here to help.

WTF, does that have to do with what I posted?

My bad, you haven't had time to lie and change the meaning yet.

Integrity is easy for most of us, but over many, many years, it's been increasingly difficult for you.

Whose inheritance do you live off of? Because I can't imagine someone with your cognitive reasoning skills ever being able to support themselves.

WTF, does that have to do with what I posted?

My bad, you haven't had time to lie and change the meaning yet.

No need to change the meaning. The sentence means what it says RJ. Yet again your failure to comprehend what you read (or to read in the first place) is making you look like an idiot.

Back