• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official FIFA 15 thread ( all platforms)

That was a lot of fun last night. One question: Once you start a player, you'll get points for doing certain things, and if you decide to change the type of player you have, it's not like you would lose all that progress, right?

Yeah, its oddly fun even when we lose. Let's never play that formation again.

I think the answer to your question is "no." In fact, I changed by player to an attacking mid once I saw who was online last night. My overall jumped from an 81 to an 86 (!). I picked up some minor attribute - +1 curve for successful crosses, I think, and that +1 stayed when I switched back to CDM. (The base points were altered, obviously, but the earned point was still there).

I would play some drop in matches to get your base stats up - you can make quick progress that way.

I might be able to play tonight. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to tell how many stars your player has during a game, without having to memorize for each player?

Yep. For example if I'm using Sterling it would be nice to know if he can pull off a heel flick or roulette before I try it. Both of those are 3-star skill moves. It's probably easier if you play FUT, but if you're using a club or national team you basically would have to memorize the abilities of each of your players.

Yep. For example if I'm using Sterling it would be nice to know if he can pull off a heel flick or roulette before I try it. Both of those are 3-star skill moves. It's probably easier if you play FUT, but if you're using a club or national team you basically would have to memorize the abilities of each of your players.

Press start, go to team management, click on a player, click in the right thumb-stick to view their attributes and stats, click left trigger twice to look at their ball skill abilities.

I'm sitting at my desk, so I may be off on the trigger clicks, but that's how you would view it in game if its able to be done.

Thanks. Any idea why there are only certain players available to select for the arena? I can't pick Sturridge for some reason. Also, for my Pro Club player, since I pretty much just started out, does that mean I don't have any skill moves at all?

Last edited:
Thanks. Any idea why there are only certain players available to select for the arena? I can't pick Sturridge for some reason. Also, for my Pro Club player, since I pretty much just started out, does that mean I don't have any skill moves at all?

No idea about the arena players. Never heard that one before. Can you not sort by country, then by league, then by team, then select anyone on that teams roster? Maybe you can only pick active starting XI players? Not sure.

Yes, your pro club player has no skill moves at the moment. You unlock it through beating players off the dribble and beating players with skill in pro clubs. You can get 3 stars by doing it in drop in matches or club matches but the final 2 stars can only be earned in a club match. Go to the accomplishments tab under pro clubs then looks at the ball skills category and it will tell you your progress and what needs to be completed to get the skill move stars.

Husky, Badger - Good run tonight. 3 games, 3 wins, clinched promotion to division 6 with 5 games remaining, so we should win the title with ease.

The last game was particularly fun - BadgerDeac finally joined us and he has some skillz - our AI picked up an early red so we played basically the whole game with 10 men. Defended furiously and scored an injury time goal on the counter for a 1-0 win. Classic OGBoards.

Husky, Badger - Good run tonight. 3 games, 3 wins, clinched promotion to division 6 with 5 games remaining, so we should win the title with ease.

The last game was particularly fun - BadgerDeac finally joined us and he has some skillz - our AI picked up an early red so we played basically the whole game with 10 men. Defended furiously and scored an injury time goal on the counter for a 1-0 win. Classic OGBoards.

Enjoyed our seasons games, sorry I didn't join in for the club stuff but I was pretty tired. Interested to hear what you might have thought about our games yesterday and things I could improve on. One problem I'm having is keeping up with offensive players as a defender. I feel like I have to sprint all the time just to keep up, and I usually end up overrunning the play. I also use teammate contain a lot, which causes me to concentrate on two defenders at once and often I lose track of the guy I'm actually controlling.

Another thing killing me is that I'm not very good at intercepting passes, yet a lot of passes I try get picked off, especially through balls. I also need to get more creative instead of trying to score through the middle all the time. I use a lot of fakes, ball rolls, body feints etc which makes it really easy to get into the penalty area, but I always end up getting dispossessed by a central defender because I'm trying to score against 4 people in front of me.

One more thing: I know you're supposed to be able to move players receiving a pass towards the ball, but I swear it seems like they stand there until the ball actually gets to them.

Last edited:
Back