• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Flight Tracking Thread

I'm as liberal as they come and I wouldn't have interpreted what Mich said as racist. I'm not well-versed in the etiology of the phrase though.

"Whenever Colin Powell is on the news, white people give him the same compliments: 'How do you feel about Colin Powell?', 'He speaks so well! He's so well spoken. I mean he really speaks so well!' Like that's a compliment. 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some shit you say about retarded people that can talk. What do you mean he speaks so well? He's a fucking educated man! How the fuck did you expect him to sound, you dirty motherfucker? 'He speaks so well.' What are you talking about? What voice were you expecting to come out of his mouth? 'Imma drop me a bomb today', 'I be Pwez o dent!'."

- Chris Rock

"Whenever Colin Powell is on the news, white people give him the same compliments: 'How do you feel about Colin Powell?', 'He speaks so well! He's so well spoken. I mean he really speaks so well!' Like that's a compliment. 'He speaks so well' is not a compliment, okay? 'He speaks so well' is some shit you say about retarded people that can talk. What do you mean he speaks so well? He's a fucking educated man! How the fuck did you expect him to sound, you dirty motherfucker? 'He speaks so well.' What are you talking about? What voice were you expecting to come out of his mouth? 'Imma drop me a bomb today', 'I be Pwez o dent!'."

- Chris Rock

This is a funny quote. I didn't find anything racist about what michdeac said. He didn't say "he speaks well for a black man". He said that he speaks well. [Redacted] didn't speak well and that was public knowledge, but that doesn't make someone racist for calling him out for not being a great speaker.

This is a funny quote. I didn't find anything racist about what michdeac said. He didn't say "he speaks well for a black man". He said that he speaks well. [name redacted] didn't speak well and that was public knowledge, but that doesn't make someone racist for calling him out for not being a great speaker.

The point is that white guys never "compliment" other white guys for "speaking so well." It is always black guys that they think saying such a basic thing is a compliment for, and THAT is where the racism lies. It isn't overt racism, but it is the hidden racism in what people think are the "norms" for a particular race.

MichDeac also didn't compare how Manning speaks to how [Redacted] speaks, he just said that the college educated black man speaks well. What a coup for Mr. Manning!

The point is that white guys never "compliment" other white guys for "speaking so well." It is always black guys that they think saying such a basic thing is a compliment for, and THAT is where the racism lies. It isn't overt racism, but it is the hidden racism in what people think are the "norms" for a particular race.

MichDeac also didn't compare how Manning speaks to how [name redacted] speaks, he just said that the college educated black man speaks well. What a coup for Mr. Manning!

Honestly dv7, I saw it more as a guy from the nba speaks well... White or black, that's rare

MichDeac also didn't compare how Manning speaks to how [Redacted] speaks, he just said that the college educated black man speaks well. What a coup for Mr. Manning!

I think Clawson is very well spoken.

For fucks sake, quit jumping sharks. So Manning speaks well. That's a good thing.

Now can anyone tell me where the plane he is riding has traveled over the last 12 days? Can that be tracked? Because that may be instructive as to who else may have gotten a look at this job. Apologies if it is posted somewhere else in the morass of these boards.

For fucks sake, quit jumping sharks. So Manning speaks well. That's a good thing.

Now can anyone tell me where the plane he is riding has traveled over the last 12 days? Can that be tracked? Because that may be instructive as to who else may have gotten a look at this job. Apologies if it is posted somewhere else in the morass of these boards.

only a flight to and from an airport in SC since March 20

To track flights, look to the sky about an hour or so before dark.You will see a mass of chickens coming home to roost.

I follow you, I guess I just didn't pick up on anything there. Either way, having someone who speaks well is a step in the right direction! Amirite?

Yeah, true.

I don't think [Redacted] was inarticulate though, I just think he is a socially awkward clown.

blazing-saddles-gabby-sherrif-is.jpg

The plane is about to land!

xcsc.gif

So, did his wife accompany him to Wake? If not, does he head back to Tulsa tonight? Wouldn't he want to tell his team there before any announcement is made (assuming he accepts the Wake job)? Is anyone checking to see if a flight plan has been filed for a return flight to Tulsa - or would that more likely take place tomorrow?

So, did his wife accompany him to Wake? If not, does he head back to Tulsa tonight? Wouldn't he want to tell his team there before any announcement is made (assuming he accepts the Wake job)? Is anyone checking to see if a flight plan has been filed for a return flight to Tulsa - or would that more likely take place tomorrow?

After flying half way across the US in that crop duster, I suspect he'll want a good night's sleep. I sure would. And, I might ask Ronnie if he could at least scare up a jet.

After flying half way across the US in that crop duster, I suspect he'll want a good night's sleep. I sure would. And, I might ask Ronnie if he could at least scare up a jet.

LOL at a King Air being a crop duster.

So are people tracking flights from Tulsa to Winston? If Manning turns us down, somebody has to pick him up.

LOL at a King Air being a crop duster.

Its a nice aircraft, but it's still odd that Wellman couldn't find someone willing to lend a jet, or just charter one. Especially for such a long trip. I wonder if Shaka was hired today, would it have been the same plane? If not, why?

Back