• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official MLB SPRING TRAINING THREAD (Cobb signs with O's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yuuuuuuuuuuup

slide dickerson to 1b and brad miller gets to play 2b where he belongs. that allows us to sign carter or naps to dh. i'm a fan. that forsythe trade to get him from the pads was a fleecing.

You see the new svelte Corey D? Apparently lost 25 pounds. #bestshapeofhislife

Rumor now is that Ventura crashed and was still alive when looters came and stole his WS ring and left him to die. Ugh.

From Pedro Martinez's twitter:

Here is the translation, according to Google Translate:

“How outrageous to know that a life like Yordano's could have been saved had it not been that they looted him the way he was looted.”

“Now it is more painful to know that Yordano remained alive after the accident and instead of someone to help him, they robbed him and let him die.”

“I hope an investigation will be carried out, because if there is any specific evidence of this, I would feel a great deal of shame for my country.”

http://www.royalsreview.com/2017/1/24/14367610/ventura-was-left-to-die-by-robbers-according-to-unconfirmed-reports

Top five pics on Keith Law's top 100 prospect ranking, in no particular order:

i

MLB_GSELLMAN_ROBERT.jpg

MLB_PEREZ_DELVIN_65.jpg

MLB_STEWART_CHRISTIN.jpg

i

Yes, I'm bored, thanks for asking.

MLB has ruled that Cardinals must send their top two picks in the 2017 draft (Nos. 56 and 75) to the Astros, along with $2 million, for the hacking scandal.

MLB has ruled that Cardinals must send their top two picks in the 2017 draft (Nos. 56 and 75) to the Astros, along with $2 million, for the hacking scandal.

That's on top of the fact that Cardinals Scouting Director, Chris Correa, is now in the slammer for almost four years for hacking into the Astros' email accounts and databases.

Last edited:
TheReff is gonna be so pissed when he finds out about this in six months.

I think the punishment is appropriate, but BOlney tweets that some industry insiders think it's "shockingly light." :noidea:

and all biff got was a 2 week ban for one of his accounts. just shows how much the MODS have it out for rj.

the rays have 4 mlb pipeline top 100 recruits in aaa this year. that doesnt include casey gillespie who klaw likes better than bauers (caveat: he doesn't like bauers). i am moderately excited about what could be coming down the pipeline.

After failing to keep Mark Melancon and missing on Kenley Jansen, the Nats signed 40 year-old Joe Nathan today to a minor league contract. Maybe, they can try to sign Mariano Rivera as well. :p

Top five pics on Keith Law's top 100 prospect ranking, in no particular order:

i

MLB_GSELLMAN_ROBERT.jpg

MLB_PEREZ_DELVIN_65.jpg

MLB_STEWART_CHRISTIN.jpg

i

Yes, I'm bored, thanks for asking.

I love dudes with double ear helmets. Delino used to wear his like that.

I think the punishment is appropriate, but BOlney tweets that some industry insiders think it's "shockingly light." :noidea:

It's a lot lighter than the punishment the SAWX got for the international signing issue.

well there's a big discrepancy in competitive advantage. also, the criticism with the astros essentially getting rewarded for having lax security protocol is valid.

well there's a big discrepancy in competitive advantage. also, the criticism with the astros essentially getting rewarded for having lax security protocol is valid.

Kind of agree. Understand penalizing the Cardinals by taking away their top 2017 draft picks. Don't feel the same about rewarding the Astros by giving them two top 100 picks. The case hasn't been made how Correa's actions caused damage to the Astros that needs to be rectified as in the years following the scandal the Astros have built a strong contending team. Also, the granting of extra picks to the Astros hurts teams competing against the Astros (like all of the other AL West teams) that did nothing to harm the Astros.

yup

my understanding is the cba does not allow for the removal of picks, so they had to go somewhere. if you penalize them further then those picks would also need to go to the stros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back