• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL Syracuse Game Thread

I would be perfectly happy if we didn't have to play this team in this stadium ever again.

as per usual after the disaster of the spring game, people said we would suck. then we beat elon handily and people say we will have a winning record. we arent very good.

I'm out. Sorry for the excessive bitching about the coaching staff but I see the same questionable play calling and game management issues that were evident last year. Clawson and Co. are obviously solid recruiters but I'm not sold on them beyond that. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

And OGB go fuck yourself. You are the embodiment of the stereotype of MSD that I unfortunately allow myself to slide into cracking on. Go die in a fire you judgmental POS that obviously acts this way due to your own insecurities. I legitimately hope you fucking stroke out tomorrow. You are the worst.

:(

Hug it out, Brasky. I love your obviously misguided passion

They were not overmatched physically today. picks, missed tackles and an incredibly stupid personal foul penalty were key plays today. They finally gave up.

Great game guys! I think you're still a year away, but Wolford is really good. The main issue is that the O-line didn't do him any favors. I wish you guys nothing but the best for the rest of the year.

Also wanted to pat my self on the back for my hella close 31-14 prediction.

After the Elon game people thought that we had an outside shot, but yes also in 2011 as well.

I don't recall those people, but people that dumb prob aren't worth wasting brain cells remembering.

I don't know why people are freaking out... We looked better than last year and had a couple unfortunate plays not go our way and a dumb penalty. We've never played well in the carrier dome but I still think winning the next two is realistic and sneaking another win in for a 4-8 season. Was anyone seriously expecting a bowl this year? We'll play better next week and will be definitely improved this year.

And Jim Grobe was not a good coach. Clawson will be much better. Also, 400+ yards today would have been unheard of last year

I don't know why people are freaking out... We looked better than last year and had a couple unfortunate plays not go our way and a dumb penalty. We've never played well in the carrier dome but I still think winning the next two is realistic and sneaking another win in for a 4-8 season. Was anyone seriously expecting a bowl this year? We'll play better next week and will be definitely improved this year.

I agree with this dude. You guys look a lot better than last year. Wolford is legit, he just needs some help.

I'll buy into 4-8, feels about right.

Unless I missed something, the penalty against Lewis was complete bullshit and was obviously a turning point. Cuse needs to send a thank-you note to the officials.

You're right....and except for the 3-year anomaly from 2006 thru 2008 we haven't been for 60 years....and we won't be for the next 60 years.

Jim Grobe performed a once-in-a-lifetime unsustainable miracle during that three-year period. It seems that a lot of people who haven't been around WF football very long still can't seem to get that thru their thick heads.

So should we all just stop watching WFU football altogether (which is certainly an option; I did it years ago with basketball)? Or should we all just stipulate that we're terrible and literally expect every play to be a TD against us? Or should we look for the positives and keep hoping, you know, like every fan of every school does? Dude, sometimes I think your hate for current WFU is a tad extreme.

Unless I missed something, the penalty against Lewis was complete bullshit and was obviously a turning point. Cuse needs to send a thank-you note to the officials.

He slapped a guy in the face right in front of ref. It was legit just dumb on his part

He slapped a guy in the face right in front of ref. It was legit just dumb on his part

Yeah, I don't buy the 1 or 2 plays caused the loss argument. If the losing team in a lot of games could nullify the worst couple of plays, lots of games would turn out differently. We had a pretty good game plan coming out, but once again we couldn't hide our lack of an OL. We have some good skill players, and our DL is not terrible. But our OL continues to kill us.

You're right....and except for the 3-year anomaly from 2006 thru 2008 we haven't been for 60 years....and we won't be for the next 60 years.

Jim Grobe performed a once-in-a-lifetime unsustainable miracle during that three-year period. It seems that a lot of people who haven't been around WF football very long still can't seem to get that thru their thick heads.

Fuck you, you miserable piece of shit. Why the fuck do you even come here, except to be a racist piece of shit and play accountant baseball? Just die in your miserable small backwards ass town that you feel the need to preach about all the time

Yeah, I don't buy the 1 or 2 plays caused the loss argument. If the losing team in a lot of games could nullify the worst couple of plays, lots of games would turn out differently. We had a pretty good game plan coming out, but once again we couldn't hide our lack of an OL. We have some good skill players, and our DL is not terrible. But our OL continues to kill us.

This. Everyone looks for an overly-simplistic explanation after every loss. The real simple explanation is that we're not good.

He was on the 'cuse sideline after an incomplete pass. He was getting jawed at and "jostled" as he tried to return to the field. His reply was a little high, caught the official's attention and flag. He wasn't "playing old."

We had multiple breakdowns on both sides of the ball. But we do have some play makers on offense.

Back