• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Wake Forest vs. Villanova Game Thread - 1:30 ET ESPN2

Crawford wasn't playing well, but everyone else was playing better with him in the game.

Manning doesn't like time-outs does he....maybe when we're down 30, eh ?

Big shot by Wilbekin. We needed that one. See if we can stop Jenkins from shooting this possession.

Crawford wasn't playing well, but everyone else was playing better with him in the game.

Defensively there is a big difference between Crawford and any of our other guards.

Glad the amazing coach manning wants to play nova's game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like we're trying to force too much. Forcing threes. Forcing the ball inside to Collins despite Nova doing a good job denying him.

we are better off letting them shoot wide open 3's than contesting them. For some reason they can't hit the open ones

Right now we aren't beating ourselves, but we need to do a better job of limiting them to one shot. 7 second chance points hurts when they are shooting as well as they are.

Our perimeter defense is atrocious. Why does Dino keep sagging off the guard in the corner? That's freaking fundamental basketball. You don't leave the corner 3 open.

Our perimeter defense is atrocious. Why does Dino keep sagging off the guard in the corner? That's freaking fundamental basketball. You don't leave the corner 3 open.

He is in a tough spot in this game on defense. There really isn't anyone that is a comfortable guard for him.

Pretty good defensive possession there. Dinos did a great job on dribble penetration and Arians guessed correctly.

My goodness that was great D by Arians.

By the way, I love that we haven't seen McClinton in this game at all. He really doesn't belong on the court in this kind of game.

He is in a tough spot in this game on defense. There really isn't anyone that is a comfortable guard for him.

Plus. the corner happens after the guard made penetration. Dinos has to pick his poison- the penetrating guard, his man in the lane or the corner guy.

Bryant being off the court really hurts our defense. Plus we don't get as many easy shots with him not in the game.

Last edited:
By the way, I love that we haven't seen McClinton in this game at all. He really doesn't belong on the court in this kind of game.

I feel like we've only seen him this year (a lot) when our frontcourt is in foul trouble.

Back