• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Officially Official 2016/2017 Champions League Thread (NWT)

Ha, I was just coming to comment on how big an e-boner vad would get if Juve wins the Champions League without Pogba

Nah, Juve is vadtoy territory. She cares about soccer when the USA is good, or when Italy is good. And since Juve has basically all of her favorite Italians (Buffon, Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio) and bonus of Palermo boy Dybala ... she effectively treats them as one and the same.

Also, she hates Suarez with the passion of a thousand suns.

btw - we should talk about Mandžukić. He's changed his game at Juventus, going from playing as a #9 earlier in his career to being a hardworking, pretty selfless physical wide player. He was monstrous last night I thought, winning balls and maintaining possession down that left flank night long and coming back and working his ass off defensively.

Well I was wrong, Lewa is out... fuck.

Muller will probably bag a brace. No biggie.

He's been off form. However, I think he could get Ramos a yellow, he's kinda finicky to play against.

Wow. Monaco miss a PK but minutes later score a goal while WELL offsides.

@OptaJohan 4m

5 - Only five of the 11 penalties in the knockout stage this Champions League season have been converted. Doubt.

Dortmund's back three is getting exposed right now.

Dortmund looks like a team who survived a terrorist attack last night. Still no clue why this is being played tonight.

It's brutal that they had to play the game today 24 hours after the attack. It was going to go one of two ways: either come out and rally and dominate Monaco or not be completely in the game, make a lot of mistakes.

It's brutal that they had to play the game today 24 hours after the attack. It was going to go one of two ways: either come out and rally and dominate Monaco or not be completely in the game, make a lot of mistakes.

Monaco has a recent history of letting leads go quickly, let's see if they buck that trend here today..

ETA: agree about the lunacy of having them play this so soon after that attack.

God I hope Pulisic gives them something here.

It'll be interesting to watch. Christian and Dembele have been non factors many times in their bigger games.

Anddddd right when I post that Dembele poaches a goal and Christian has been playing well on the right side.

Last edited:
Back