• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

On An Airplane Next To A Fat Guy

Of all the cities in the US, what flight destination would have the boarding list with the most undesirable pissed off passengers? My money is on Philly.

Of all the cities in the US, what flight destination would have the boarding list with the most undesirable pissed off passengers? My money is on Philly.
when I studied abroad in Spain I was taking an Alitalia flight from Madrid to Milan and it kept getting delayed. They made all the announcements in Italian and English, but there would usually be a minute or two in between languages. So we just kept gauging the reaction of our fellow passengers if the announcements were good or bad. The Italians definitely made it known.

There’s no more useless upgrade than ATL-CLT but I am still oddly pleased to have had extra room for the 40 min flight

AVL-CLT or ATL-AVL would like a word. The latter you’re usually taxiing longer than flying.
Once upon a time there was a flight from Reagan National Airport (DCA) to Dulles International Airport (IAD), a trip of less than 30 miles. Why? Because a flight from DCA was restricted to 1250 miles non-stop. The stop at Dulles fulfilled the requirement and the flight went non-stop from.Dulles to the west coast.

Just had my return flight from Detroit (family reunion) to SFO cancelled 30 mins before I got the airport. They will refund my ticket and credit me up to $25 for a meal (with receipt). Big whoop. So much for value airlines.

Had to buy a new one way ticket on United. Not cheap. Will get home less than 2 hours later than planned.

Fun fact: you cannot buy a ticket for United at the ticket counter. You have to buy online and then check in at the counter. Wild.

I had my first experience with Alaska Air this week.

The direct flight from Raleigh to Seattle was money.

Coming back home, the upgrade to First Class was only ~$100 & I read about all of the sweet lounges Alaska has at the Seattle airport.

I got there like 5+ hours before my flight and lounge-hopped. Highly recommend.

Last year, I had gotten bumped to first class from SLC to CLT coming back from a work trip and the guy next to me was on his phone loudly the entire time we were boarding, during takeoff, and until we were ~5,000 feet in the air. It was so bold, I wasn't even that mad. An apparent titan in the table grapes (not wine grapes!) industry if I recall correctly.

Back