• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P.J Hairston punches high school kid at YMCA in Durham

Good thing he got rid of his gun at that police checkpoint.

better update the thread title... ain't no rumor kids... #TheCarolinaWay strikes again
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1m
Hairston punched Northern Durham High sr. forward Kentrell Barkley after the latter threw a punch first, Hairston's agent Juan Morrow said.

Not too worried about this. Although my only frame of reference for pick up games is White Men Can't Jump, a fistfight at a competitive pick up game in July sounds innocuous.

Why the hell is PJ playing at the YMCA in Durham? Shouldn't he be in the summer league? That dude is an idiot.

Why the hell is PJ playing at the YMCA in Durham? Shouldn't he be in the summer league? That dude is an idiot.

he's absolutely an idiot. it's going to be fun to watch the PackPride folks go nuts...

They start in Vegas on Friday.

Word is that the kid was on the same team as Hairston and was pissed that his defense sucked.

@mrb_4life_23: I want to make this clear, I DID NOT HIT PJ OR THROW ANY PUNCHES!

They start in Vegas on Friday.

Then PJ needs to go to Charlotte, get in the gym, and stay the hell out of pick up games with high school kids. Christ. This moron is getting the second chance of a lifetime to get paid millions to play a fucking game and he's punching high school kids at the Y.

I hope he washes out of the league so someone else can get a chance at a roster spot. PJ is too stupid to be in the NBA. Gah.

But according to jay bilas, you can teach character - but you can't teach that stroke! I'm ignoring you - kawahi Leonard!

Rick Bonnell of the Observer wrote during the lead-up to the draft that "several" NBA teams had taken Hairston completely off their boards because they thought he was too big of a knucklehead and would never change. Dude puts himself in the stupidest situations. Why are you playing high school kids at the fucking Durham Y a month after being drafted in the first round?

Rick Bonnell of the Observer wrote during the lead-up to the draft that "several" NBA teams had taken Hairston completely off their boards because they thought he was too big of a knucklehead and would never change. Dude puts himself in the stupidest situations. Why are you playing high school kids at the fucking Durham Y a month after being drafted in the first round?

In Jordan you trust?

In Jordan you trust?
I guess. One of the questions to Rich Cho during the post-draft press conference was about Hairston's character and he said something to the effect of, "We did our homework and did multiple interviews, we feel comfortable with P.J." But I mean, Miami did a lot of interviews with Michael Beasley too. Sometimes you're just a dumbass. I actually think it would've benefited Hairston greatly to get away from North Carolina for his pro career. Staying in NC might be the worst thing that could've happened for him. We'll see.

I guess. One of the questions to Rich Cho during the post-draft press conference was about Hairston's character and he said something to the effect of, "We did our homework and did multiple interviews, we feel comfortable with P.J." But I mean, Miami did a lot of interviews with Michael Beasley too. Sometimes you're just a dumbass. I actually think it would've benefited Hairston greatly to get away from North Carolina for his pro career. Staying in NC might be the worst thing that could've happened for him. We'll see.

This.

I know PJ's family and him to a lesser degree. He is not a bad kid, but he definitely feels entitled. He has been the next big thing around Greensboro for years and everyone has over-looked and made excuses for his slip ups for a while now. I hoped he would have learned a lesson and grown up a little after the UNC crap but we will see.

And put me down in the no big deal column for this one. Gym fights happen and if not for the age of social media, no one would have ever heard about this.

Hey it happened in Durham. Any Tar Hole is allowed to any person in Durham with no consequences.

Back