• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

P.J Hairston punches high school kid at YMCA in Durham

all kidding aside - really hope that Josh Gordon gets the help that he needs....

I don't know his entire backstory, but he blew a .09 in this dwi. That's like have three beers in 90 minutes, not exactly wasted. Still dumb as shit to drive though.

Tougher to make the "3 beers in 90 minutes" statement with all these higher gravity beers out there now. For me, 2 pints of Bell's Two Hearted in an hour makes me legally drunk. I can drink 5 bottles of Bud Light over 2 hours and be legally fine to drive. I access this link on my phone quite a bit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

I don't know his entire backstory, but he blew a .09 in this dwi. That's like have three beers in 90 minutes, not exactly wasted. Still dumb as shit to drive though.

I heard on the radio that he got a DWI on Memorial Day weekend. In isolation, there but for the grace. Stringing DWIs on back to back holidays? Yeah, we got an issue.

I heard on the radio that he got a DWI on Memorial Day weekend. In isolation, there but for the grace. Stringing DWIs on back to back holidays? Yeah, we got an issue.

Yeah, agree with basically all of this.

Tougher to make the "3 beers in 90 minutes" statement with all these higher gravity beers out there now. For me, 2 pints of Bell's Two Hearted in an hour makes me legally drunk. I can drink 5 bottles of Bud Light over 2 hours and be legally fine to drive. I access this link on my phone quite a bit.

Excellent link. Thanks.

There is a place around the corner from me that has a few beers with over 10% ABV. I think one is around 13%.

Three pints of either is much more than a bottle of wine.

Excellent link. Thanks.

There is a lot that goes into calculating BA levels and consumption (many variables that vary per individual.) Be careful when relying on internet tables and charts. Impairment for driving based on alcohol blood/breath concentration, on the other hand, is generally more consistent across individuals.

There is a place around the corner from me that has a few beers with over 10% ABV. I think one is around 13%.

Three pints of either is much more than a bottle of wine.

wine is usually about 13% and a bottle is ball park of 25 oz. so three 12 oz beers would be in the neighborhood of a bottle and a half. 16 oz drafts get you in to the 2 bottle category.

So, you're saying that my post is correct. Pints do equal 16 0z drafts. :)

Granted we are getting into technacalities, but beer that is in the 10% range is usually going to be served as 10 ounces.

Granted we are getting into technacalities, but beer that is in the 10% range is usually going to be served as 10 ounces.

The reason I said "pints" is because that's how it is served there.

You're not getting into technicalities. You're getting into- let's find a way to challenge what RJ posts. Clearly there was a reason I posted what I did.

You're not getting into technicalities. You're getting into- let's find a way to challenge what RJ posts. Clearly there was a reason I posted what I did.

Sorry, I don't beleive you. Please provide the name and address of this establsihment, and I will book a flight for this afternoon to confirm in person.

Seems like we're WAY past 5 these days...

imrry0.jpg

Last edited:

No he's not. What he said is absolutely correct.

Well that's what they have on their beer menu. It's right around the corner from here.

Back