• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Partial Blame

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Like it or not, the negativity prevalent among Wake fans as expressed by the billboard, message board, and national recognition hurts recruiting a new coach. Would you want to join a company where such negativity persisted?

You can blame Wellman, but I think things went over the top at times.

Fire away.

Like it or not, the negativity prevalent among Wake fans as expressed by the billboard, message board, and national recognition hurts recruiting a new coach. Would you want to join a company where such negativity persisted?

Fire away.

Since you asked- your statement is fucking stupid.

So at the time, the billboard people were told that they were the lunatic fringe and that their silly actions would not matter. Now, they are being told that they are the reason that we can't get our 7th coaching option?

lol

It shows passion. After what appears to be a likely lackluster hire, that passion will degrade into apathy.

Remember that apathy is the opposite of love.

Florida had a really tough time hiring a good coach after the fans ran out Ron Zook

Fire away.

Ron Wellman hires [Redacted], [Redacted] sucks dick, negativity happens. Essentially in that order.

Wellman caused this.

I've actually thought about this a few times. Did we go too far? Were the fans too negative?

Then I realized that Wake Forest is so tame compared to other fanbases. If you can't handle Wake Forest fans then you're not cut out for coaching high level college athletics. I don't know that [Redacted] would have lasted anywhere else in the ACC as long as he did here.

Fire away.

So, in other words, fans and alums just went all ape-shit crazy with no provocation. Just went out of their minds with billboards and message boards because they just felt like it was time to raise some hell.

So, in other words, alums were not lied to, like some idiotic fan-base, by Wellman and his shit simply doesn't stink!

So, in other words, we have a program that was ranked #1 in the country, and we shortly thereafter fired the head coach and now we're praying to God that a coach with a whole fucking TWO years of experience just MIGHT help us get off of ESPN3 and sniff the NIT tournament.

All the while, your hero, led us into this entire damn mess!

Okay. You just keep on believing brother.

Kentucky fans would have roasted both [Redacted] and Wellman over an open flame ten minutes into the Stetson game, so stop with the complete and utter bullshit that the fans have anything to do with the current situation.

Yeah, there is no way the negativity or billboards had any affect. It shows passion and other schools are way worse.

It's possible that the low turnout at the games (numbers wise) has had a very very small negative affect on the reputation of our program. But that isn't the fault of the fans that is the fault of the product.

Oh yeah. UK had a really tough time hiring a basketball coach after the fans ran out Billy Gillespie

Even at schools with hostile fanbases, you never see a coach pit his players against the fans like that asswipe [Redacted].

God I hate [Redacted] so much.

I think Wellman made a huge mistake with his hire. But the reason you have BOTs is to serve as a funnel for discontent.

There are other mediums as well, but when you go after after a man personally I think that's contrary to what Wake stands for.

Burn it all to the fucking ground. Starve everything about Wake in your lives and the cumulative economic effect eventually will be significant enough to force needed change.

Last edited:
Back