• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Partial Blame

I'm with rj on this one. The billboards embarrassed Wellman but had no effect on the decision. Money had everything to do with it.

He was wrong about the "harming Wake" part

And embarrassing Wellman has plenty of value, so that kills the "no value" part too

He was wrong about the "harming Wake" part

And embarrassing Wellman has plenty of value, so that kills the "no value" part too

Embarrassing the AD hurts much more than it helps.

There is absolutely no value to anyone other internet warriors.

I've said this before way in the past, but I've had an A-10 head coach, a first assistant in the BE and an ACC assistant all say to me that they thought it was awful Dino was fired after a tourney win, especially after taking over at such a tough time. They had very not nice comments about Wellman. If he had hired a superstar, maybe people would have forgotten this. Instead, he hired a complete failure and has continually bashed Dino and Skips recruits in a very public manner. Skip was a super popular and well respected guy in coaching circles- that shit does not go over well. It certainly hurts worse than a few billboards and an ad in the local paper.

Last edited:
I've said this before way in the past, but I've had an A-10 head coach, a first assistant in the BE and an ACC assistant all say to me that they thought it was awful Dino was fired after a tourney win, especially after taking over at such a tough time. They had very not nice comments about Wellman. If he had hired a superstar, maybe people would have forgotten this. Instead, he hired a complete failure and has continually bashed Dino and Slips recruits in a very public manner. Skip was a super popular and well respected guy in coaching circles- that shit does not go over well. It certainly hurts worse than a few billboards and an ad in the local paper.

you have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I've said this before way in the past, but I've had an A-10 head coach, a first assistant in the BE and an ACC assistant all say to me that they thought it was awful Dino was fired after a tourney win, especially after taking over at such a tough time. They had very not nice comments about Wellman. If he had hired a superstar, maybe people would have forgotten this. Instead, he hired a complete failure and has continually bashed Dino and Skips recruits in a very public manner. Skip was a super popular and well respected guy in coaching circles- that shit does not go over well. It certainly hurts worse than a few billboards and an ad in the local paper.

Girl, you've been gone much too long. Good to have another 03'er back.

[Redacted] would still be here if not for the negativity. It's even tougher to hire a coach when you already have one.

Bingo. It was clear at the press conference two weeks ago that Wellman was still reluctant to let go of [Redacted].

[Redacted] situation was unique in that it was a historically bad run. Follow that with the party line of all is well and heavens yes the program is heading into the correct direction.

I would be impressed that there are people so passionate about Wake basketball. I would come in and win the press conference and recruit those specific people to my side starting with the students. Much better than a wine and cheese crowd anyday.

tumblr_mu3cslp2lR1s373hwo1_400.gif

Given that this search is effectively a repeat of 2010, where all the top candidates told us no and we settled on an option that was way down the list, I'd say you are full of shit. There is a common thread between the two searches, and it sure as hell isn't upset fans and billboards.

It seems pretty apparent to most that nobody wants to work for an Athletic Director that sent a coach with a 61-31 record packing after year 3, and only 6 months after a contract extension. Who the fuck would want to work for a boss like that?

everything is a repeat of 2010

its fucking uncanny

the definition of insanity

+1

Would love to see rj and bkf take their lacey little LOWF skirts off and address this.

So, in other words, fans and alums just went all ape-shit crazy with no provocation. Just went out of their minds with billboards and message boards because they just felt like it was time to raise some hell.

So, in other words, alums were not lied to, like some idiotic fan-base, by Wellman and his shit simply doesn't stink!

So, in other words, we have a program that was ranked #1 in the country, and we shortly thereafter fired the head coach and now we're praying to God that a coach with a whole fucking TWO years of experience just MIGHT help us get off of ESPN3 and sniff the NIT tournament.

All the while, your hero, led us into this entire damn mess!

Okay. You just keep on believing brother.

Couldn't have said it better myself...just wished I'd have beat you to the punch! Well done, loved the ESPN3 reference, you read my mind. Just add, give me a team on the floor that is worth us watching on anything better than WatchESPN... or following on GameCast

rj give me a fucking break

The truth is the truth. It did absolutely no good. It was portrayed across the country as a bunch of yokels. He who shall not be named stayed on for another season and we missed our Top 3-4 targets to replace him.

Only self-indulgent, egotistical yokels maintain any of those actions did anything to help our basketball program.

I think one test of this hire (if it happens) is how many ESPN games are on the schedule. If the ESPN folks respect Manning, we'll get a much better slate of TV games. I have no doubt we'll play a similar cupcake schedule.

Back