• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Petition to get Doral Moore Playing Time

if i was this young man i would spend the entire off season working on simple post moves and 80% of the rest of my time on conditioning.
Tim Duncan would have with this kind of talent.
so so much upside with this kid but its 100% up to him not Manning next year

It's time to increase the minutes of everyone who will be back and expected to play a major role next year so that they gain more experience in game situations. It's all about next year (and beyond) at this point. There's been no hope left for this season for awhile.

if i was this young man i would spend the entire off season working on simple post moves and 80% of the rest of my time on conditioning.
Tim Duncan would have with this kind of talent.
so so much upside with this kid but its 100% up to him not Manning next year

Any evidence that this is a conditioning issue? I have never seen him so gassed that he did not get back on D. Seems more like a coaches decision thing. A bad decision.

I've thought all season he looks gassed pretty quickly. But that doesn't explain why he doesn't go back in when he gets his wind back. So it really has to be a very ill-advised and stubborn DM decision that he can't play Thomas and Moore together. As if anything could get worse doing what he is doing.

I've thought all season he looks gassed pretty quickly. But that doesn't explain why he doesn't go back in when he gets his wind back. So it really has to be a very ill-advised and stubborn DM decision that he can't play Thomas and Moore together. As if anything could get worse doing what he is doing.

Perfect summation. We might be discussing conditioning next year but that doesn't explain this year. 8 points, 7 rebounds and 2 blocks in 9 minutes and he continues to sit as we lose our 10th in a row, and 12 out of the last 13? This indicates a problem, that on the surface, points more to Manning than Doral.

The only person who can stop Doral Moore is Danny Manning. Seriously though, we need to get him an oxygen tank on the sidelines if the young buck gets this gassed after a few minutes of play.

Any evidence that this is a conditioning issue? I have never seen him so gassed that he did not get back on D. Seems more like a coaches decision thing. A bad decision.

He definitely gets gassed and it was one of the red flags during his recruitment as well.

He was a backup at Monteverde last year, so it makes sense that he is taking some time to get his feet under him. When you add in the amount of energy and effort it takes to do what he does in 9 minutes (8 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks), I can imagine that fatigue is definitely a real thing.

That in no way means that he should not have been out there on the court in the final 4 minutes, especially once Dinos and Collins fouled out.

Let us all hope that SJ Mathias is the real deal. A front court of Moore, Collins and SJM could be pretty damn good. Still have to figure out a way to find a go-to scorer at the 2/3 position. Need a J-Ho 2.0 in the worst kind of way.

Let us all hope that SJ Mathias is the real deal. A front court of Moore, Collins and SJM could be pretty damn good. Still have to figure out a way to find a go-to scorer at the 2/3 position. Need a J-Ho 2.0 in the worst kind of way.

True, but, alas, they may only be played one at a time.

Collins and one of the centers. Who will back up Collins? Oh, forgot about Dinos. So Collins will sit another year?

Collins and one of the centers. Who will back up Collins? Oh, forgot about Dinos. So Collins will sit another year?
There is no way Collins sits in favor of Dinos. Maybe they go with Dinos & Collins instead of the board's desired Collins & Moore pairing, but either way, Collins is going to start. It's Moore who will probably be limited by Manning's fidelity to a streaky Dinos.

Why wouldn't Collins sit in favor of Dinos then when he sits in favor of Dinos now?

I hate to get wrapped up in numbered positions, but none of those even remotely resemble a 3.

I hate to get wrapped up in numbered positions, but none of those even remotely resemble a 3.

The obvious answer is to have Collins drop 20 pounds and work on his outside shot. See how easy that was.

Dinos simply has to play the 3 - we have need two of Collins, Moore and DT on the floor at all times. Next year we will need two of Collins, Moore and SJM on the floor. I know Dinos cant guard a 3 but he is just going to have to do the best he can...

If Dinos plays the three we have to go exclusively zone. There is absolutely no way he can defend the 3, and we can't afford the points he gives up to do that.

Right. I was just naming promising front court players, wasn't saying to play all 3 of those bros at once. One of SJM and Moore and one of Collins and Dinos. That gives us a couple of big bodies to rotate in and out.

Would be amazing if Collins developed an outside shot and strong perimeter defense though.

Back