• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Petition to get Doral Moore Playing Time

"Doral tell us about the jump hook. When did you add it to the arsenal."

"Coach has had me working on it since summer. He's always pounding it into my head."

Give Manning time, you will pleased.

Starting lineup next season of Crawford Woods Collins Moore and a rotation at the 3, with Dinos and Japhet off of the bench first might actually be decent.

Huh? That kind of talent has been playing 4 minutes per game ? I don't buy it.

IIRC is we go back to the beginning of the season, Moore was a lot less polished. Seemed to be pretty foul prone, had a lot of trouble on defense. He seemed always to know what to do with the ball within 1-2 feet of the hoop.

I agree he should have see more minutes as the season progressed but I don't think he's the same player now as he was at the beginning of the season.

IIRC is we go back to the beginning of the season, Moore was a lot less polished. Seemed to be pretty foul prone, had a lot of trouble on defense. He seemed always to know what to do with the ball within 1-2 feet of the hoop.

I agree he should have see more minutes as the season progressed but I don't think he's the same player now as he was at the beginning of the season.

Agree with this. I've been the first to criticize Danny on different components of his coaching, but the improvement of Moore is unprecedented. I'd like to believe Danny has had a lot to do with that. John Collins came in and was "ACC ready" from day 1, but even he has improved aspects of his game- short range elbow jumper.

Moore has clearly improved. Last night he was the most dominating player on the court during his minutes. But it is been clear for a couple of months now that he gives us a certain dimension that no other player can. Coupled with the fact that he always contributed even during his few minutes on the court and it really is inexcusable that his role hasn't been expanded during the course of the season more so than it actually has.

Moore has clearly improved. Last night he was the most dominating player on the court during his minutes. But it is been clear for a couple of months now that he gives us a certain dimension that no other player can. Coupled with the fact that he always contributed even during his few minutes on the court and it really is inexcusable that his role hasn't been expanded during the course of the season more so than it actually has.

Wake would have won the State game if Moore had been left in for 4 more minutes.

Agree with this. I've been the first to criticize Danny on different components of his coaching, but the improvement of Moore is unprecedented. I'd like to believe Danny has had a lot to do with that. John Collins came in and was "ACC ready" from day 1, but even he has improved aspects of his game- short range elbow jumper.

unprecedented?

unprecedented?

It's all relative. If we are comparing him to big men we've had in the last decade, then yes. His improvement has been unprecedented to other big's we've had from the last decade.

Starting lineup next season of Crawford Woods Collins Moore and a rotation at the 3, with Dinos and Japhet off of the bench first might actually be decent.

A rotation of who at the 3? McClinton I would be surprised if he still is on the team next year, but certainly isn't showing any signs he should start. Manning is likely going to be forced to play 3 guards so I guess Wilbekin will be the "3". ?? I'd be surprised if Collins starts over Dinos too.

A rotation of who at the 3? McClinton I would be surprised if he still is on the team next year, but certainly isn't showing any signs he should start. Manning is likely going to be forced to play 3 guards so I guess Wilbekin will be the "3". ?? I'd be surprised if Collins starts over Dinos too.

I think that the staff will probably prioritize bringing in a grad transfer at the 3 to fill Hudson's scholarship for next year.

This

Dinos is the most disappointing player this season for me. He's weak with the ball and way too streaky. His defense remains non-existant and I don't think that's ever going to change. Collins needs as much experience as possible even if it means he fouls out in the first half.

Back