• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Petition to get Doral Moore Playing Time

If Dinos plays the three we have to go exclusively zone. There is absolutely no way he can defend the 3, and we can't afford the points he gives up to do that.

What, you don't want him matched up against a guy like Brogdon on defense?

Why wouldn't Collins sit in favor of Dinos then when he sits in favor of Dinos now?

Because Collins is more likely to make a significant jump between this year and next year.

Dinos probably is who he is at this point, the only hope being that he becomes more consistent as a shooter. Even then, however, he would be best used playing 15-20 minutes off the bench as a stretch 4 when the matchup is favorable.

Whether Manning realizes that or not is another matter, but hopefully Collins makes enough of a jump to render it a moot point.

I'd argue that Collins could make a nice freshman year leap if he played more minutes this year.

Put the idea that Doral Moore and Devin Thomas can't play together to rest. In 14 minutes on the floor together:

DT: 5-8 FG, 6-8 FT, 7 RB, 1 AS, 1 TO, 16 PT.
DM: 5-8 FG, 1-2 FT, 6 RB, 2 BK, 1 TO, 11 PT.

Any further explanation required?

Moore didn't even play that great tonight, still had 6 points and 5 boards in 13 minutes. I can guarantee you that our rebounding was the best when he was in the game, because Dinos got constantly abused on the boards.

Moore helps our defense just by being in the game. He is our only rim protector. And Manning didn't play him in either OT.

Moore didn't even play that great tonight, still had 6 points and 5 boards in 13 minutes. I can guarantee you that our rebounding was the best when he was in the game, because Dinos got constantly abused on the boards.

Dinos was so lost tonight, he couldn't find his ass with both hands. He got 0 rebounds tonight and played over 30 minutes. At some point you would think he would get lucky and a rebound would come to him during the game or both over times.

The two real runs we made tonight were with Moore in the game.

I do think are better with Moore in the game with his ability to protect the rim and alter shots. however, tonight he was horrible on the defensive boards, getting boxed out repeatedly and on defense letting the offensive player get into his body committing fouls. There is certainly a lack of fundamentals being taught. This team should be a .500 ball club in the ACC.

I do think are better with Moore in the game with his ability to protect the rim and alter shots. however, tonight he was horrible on the defensive boards, getting boxed out repeatedly and on defense letting the offensive player get into his body committing fouls. There is certainly a lack of fundamentals being taught. This team should be a .500 ball club in the ACC.

I agree he didn't have his best game. What you are saying is true. He still was a positive impact not even playing that great.

Moore led the team at +5 in his 13 minutes.

If Moore had played well, he could have easily had 12-14 points in 13 minutes.

Who else on this team has the potential to put up those types of numbers?

Yep. They deserve better than this. I hope they don't realize that after the season is over.

Don't worry, they will get credited as the class that turned our program around before they're done. I predict our team will be nasty in 2 years- factoring in Manning's potential to learn how to coach better.

We lost that game on the boards. Well, and at the foul line, too. Dinos has got to sit. I don't think he is any better of a shooter than most of our other shooters, and he is exceptionally streaky. But he can't guard anyone or get any rebounds. He isn't quick enough to guard the perimeter, not strong enough to guard the post, and can't rebound even at his size. How do you get 0 rebounds in 30 minutes of playing time, and your coach keeps you in even as the team is getting outrebounded by 20, and we gave up something like 25 offensive rebounds? So, Pitt's offensive players grabbed 25 rebounds, and Dinos got didn't get a single one, anywhere or at any time. That includes missed free throws for which there is no excuse. Please sit Dinos and let Moore and Collins take his minutes. They are far better defenders and rebounders, and if they had Dinos' playing time, would probably average more points, too.

The last two games have provided obvious situations for Moore to get increased playing time. Against State we had two big men foul out - and yet Moore remained on the bench, after being very productive earlier in the game. Against Pitt last night Moore had a couple of lapses where he fouled or allowed an offensive rebound, but overall played very well when he was in - getting rebounds, protecting the rim and throwing down a couple of dunks. He missed his FTs but so did everyone else. It became quite obvious that we were getting absolutely abused on the boards and that is what eventually cost us the game (along with FTs and a boneheaded in-bounds play) - and yet Moore still only played 13 minutes in a 2OT game - and none (zero) in the two OTs. He had 1 fewer rebound than DT while DT played 39 minutes.

Mannings seems to be slowly increasing Moore's minutes - but it is getting painfully obvious that Manning is either stubborn, stupid or knows something we don't... Why isn't Moore playing more? Especially when it is situationally obvious that he should be! Ugh - it is so frustrating!

Back