• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Physician screwing over my handicapped friend.

I think only a very small number of them are physicians. Will wait for bkf's confirmation.

are they different kind of doctors? i thought we were talking about physicians. maybe they have a different doctorate

Dr+Dre+OUT046332.jpg

erv0-035.jpg

Clearly there is something more to the doctor's decision than knowing your buddy had pot in his system at the time of the wreck.

Stupid decision he made that night, but I hope he gets help for his pain, whether it's from a different doctor, or some other method.
Well he was informed that those heavier meds when taken over a long period of time normally take 10-20 years off the patients life. So maybe the doc saw no upside to what little relief those meds would have given him.

I hear there's a job opening in Buncombe County.

This hat negrepped me about his black girlfriend

wakeandbake we have come so far with your behavior! breathe in and out. you are in the chi now. you serve delicious food. you have a good lady. breathe in, breathe out. ommmm

I think my favorite part of the OP is "sure he was driving after drinking all night and getting high, but that's okay for him because he always did it"

He had me sympathizing with his friend big time. Then he went all Archie Bunker. I feel like I was duped.

Ahh, the south. You can take the NCSU out of the boy by sending him to Wake, but you can't really take the NCSU out of the boy. Or something.

Well he was informed that those heavier meds when taken over a long period of time normally take 10-20 years off the patients life. So maybe the doc saw no upside to what little relief those meds would have given him.

That is a very important fact that would have been helpful to say in the initial post. It makes more sense now.

That is a very important fact that would have been helpful to say in the initial post. It makes more sense now.

Didn't hear that tidbit till after the original post. They are looking at a pump that constantly gives him pain meds. Anyone have any experience with those?

His and your understanding of narcotic pain medications is off base.

The usual suspects you mention are just combination drugs. Very effective ( I.e. should work) and very addictive.

The hardcore drugs you mention are either longer acting versions (OxyContin) or one of the components of the combination drugs above (roxicodone=oxycodone, same shit as in Percocet). I.e. Not hardcore at all, just different.

OxyContin is used for chronic pain management because it doesn't have to be taken as frequently. But the base drug is oxycodone. Junkies like to break it up and inject or snort it. Broken up you get a lot of drug all at once versus the sustained release.

Long story short you nor your buddy know shit about narcotics. Spinal cord pts should be treated by a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician. They are experts in long term issues like this and can help in pain management too.

Back