• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pissed Off? Rant Here

You should throw a bunch of chips and salsa into the bay as a protest.

It makes me angry that religion causes so much suffering and death in the world when science has now clearly crushed religion. Religion=Ignorance=Death.

I agree with the prognosis that religion - or the misuse of religion - causes needless violence and suffering in the world. That is atrocious. But I disagree that science has crushed religion. Science cannot prove nor disprove the existence of God.

Having lunch at the local Mexican place for the first time in several months.

They changed the menu to make you pay for the second round of chips and salsa. That's bad enough.

The waitress came to the table with chips and a bowl of refried beans.

They ran out of salsa.

What kind of Mexican place runs out of salsa?

I hate slowing down coming to a 4way stop and the car already at the intersection waits until I make a full and complete before they go. Bro I'm slowing down to stop not to try and t-bone you at 3mph

I hate slowing down coming to a 4way stop and the car already at the intersection waits until I make a full and complete before they go. Bro I'm slowing down to stop not to try and t-bone you at 3mph
Similar, but worse. Cars that stop in the middle of a traffic circle to let people enter the circle.

Meh, I go to church so I don't have to read it.

Out of curiosity, what do your parishioners get pissed at you about?

Ha, more like what don't parishioners get pissed at you about. It's even worse in traditions with congregational polity b/c everyone thinks that they're your boss and you should do anything they ask - and of course you have time because you only work for a few hours a couple of days a week.

Meh, I go to church so I don't have to read it.

Out of curiosity, what do your parishioners get pissed at you about?
I've had a few get pissed when I call them (not specifically) out - social justice type sermons. They (often) know I'm right, but don't always like hearing it.

Had one guy that thought that because I'm a priest, I automatically don't know shit about finances and didn't want me making financial decisions. I'm not (nor do I claim to be) a CPA, but I'm the chair of the Diocesan department of finance. I know what I'm talking about when it comes to church budgets, but he couldn't handle that.

Last edited:
Ha, more like what don't parishioners get pissed at you about. It's even worse in traditions with congregational polity b/c everyone thinks that they're your boss and you should do anything they ask - and of course you have time because you only work for a few hours a couple of days a week.
Yes. A very complex job, full of emotional, leadership, spiritual challenges.

Of the many at some previous churches:

1) pissed a lot of people off b/c one of the results of asking some HS guys what the result of asking what it would mean for the gospel to influence every decision one would make, no matter how insignificant, resulted in myself and 2 of the boy growing their hair out to donate to locks of love. I'll admit, I looked pretty rough, but apparently my appearance negated my ability lead people to follow Jesus (which I kind of thought was what I was doing).

2) At a previous church, pushed justice issues pretty heavily and when it was internationally focused, I was told that there were enough problems here to worry about (don't I care about America?). And then when I pressed on local issues (esp. homelessness) was told that most choose that lifestyle b/c they can make more panhandling than working for minimum wage (and it really made them mad when I suggested raising the minimum wage so that wouldn't be the case).

3) I voted for Obama. Instant Persona Non Grata

To all young, middle-aged and old drivers who decide they're hell-bent on pulling out in front of an oncoming car and THEN proceed to drive 35 in a 50 mph zone and do EVERYTHING but drive the damn car .....

... FUCK YOU!

Sincerely,

Drivers Across the World!

Back