• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pissed Off? Rant Here

Well like stated ELC dumb as shit again, plus I guarantee that ELC has done some fat loving in his day. If he has no problems hooking it with someone that has AIDS he definitely has partaken in the 200+ club.

Open note to the ignorant motherfuckers of the world who pluralize words with goddamned apostrophe "s:"

STOP FUCKING DOING THAT. You're making the word a possessive, not plural. And on behalf of the more educated who have to read that ignorant bullshit, you're a fucking moron.

I think I'm going to start a movement to replace the Saxon clitic with the ME genitive ending in cases of possession: Demonbeckes thread has proven to be inspirational.

The Saxon genitive is lame. Not a fan of the OE genitive either. ME does not give a fuck about your gendered or strong/weak declension nouns.

I think I'm going to start a movement to replace the Saxon clitic with the ME genitive ending in cases of possession: Demonbeckes thread has proven to be inspirational.

nooo that can't be your grammar campaign

join omaar hena and me on the "bring back the subjunctive" train

I'm a page or so behind, but re: the chips and salsa situation. The Mexican place closest to my house has the same policy about the first basket and salsa being free and the next costing money. However, I've found that in practice they have always brought additional chips and salsa for free if we were ordering food (which we always are). The restaurant is only a couple blocks from a college campus, so I think the policy is basically to keep college kids from coming to camp out and eat bottomless chips and salsa. Lame policy...but if it's not enforced when you eat food then meh.

nooo that can't be your grammar campaign

join omaar hena and me on the "bring back the subjunctive" train

Hmm, interesting. Since living in the UK, I do speak quite frequently in subjunctive-like constructions.

Well like stated ELC dumb as shit again, plus I guarantee that ELC has done some fat loving in his day. If he has no problems hooking it with someone that has AIDS he definitely has partaken in the 200+ club.

A couple of uggos for sure. Only one inarguable fatty, but I doubt she was 200+. She did, however, break my toilet. She also slobbed a pretty good knob.

We're planning a capital campaign at the church, already seeing that start to play out.:rulz:

I primarily only work with non-profits and their boards. A lot of it is fundraising activities. I see it play out time and time again.

The American rule on quotation marks and punctuation makes no sense. If the period or other punctuation mark terminating the sentence is not part of the quote, said punctuation mark should fall outside the quotation marks, as the Brits do it. This oddity has always made me a little nuts.

my cube neighbor is 15 minutes into an hour long conference call... on speaker phone. USE YOUR BLEEPING HEADSET ROB!

my cube neighbor is 15 minutes into an hour long conference call... on speaker phone. USE YOUR BLEEPING HEADSET ROB!

speaking of... yesterday I called him out on using a "high importance" exclamation point on all of his emails, and he did stop doing that. He also used to have a really loud, obnoxious version of the Benny Hill theme song as his ringtone, and he switched that too when I said it was incredibly annoying. So I guess I'm kind of a brat who needs more quiet than one can expect in a cube environment.

Like sat on the toilet and broke it, or laxative enema blasted your toilet pre ELC anal and broke it?

Like she was drunk as shit and the reservoir in the back of the toilet was already a bit wobbly. She either sat down or stood up and stumbled into it, knocking it off.

The American rule on quotation marks and punctuation makes no sense. If the period or other punctuation mark terminating the sentence is not part of the quote, said punctuation mark should fall outside the quotation marks, as the Brits do it. This oddity has always made me a little nuts.

I agree with this. If I could, I'd use the MHRA style guide for everything.

I so badly want to engage in fisticuffs without legal consequence.

The days I don't meet someone who deserves to be smacked in the mouth are rare, juicy plums.

Do those coincide with the days you are unable to read these boards?

Hey jackass who insists on backing into a spot in the parking garage in the morning when everyone is trying to get to work, go fuck yourself.

Back