• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Lawsuit: Ovations vs. Wake Forest Athletics

Legaldeac85

Reaction score
This week I heard from a very reliable source in the President's office that there is major litigation in process between Ovations and the Athletic Dept.
My question is, who is actually claiming breach? WF because of poor overall performance by Ovations, or is it Ovations, because Casstevens supplied them with "fudged" revenue and attendance numbers and they're losing big money. In either case, WF, who has a history of bullying in litigation, may find this one a tough go, since Ovations is a multi-billion dollar corporation backed by Comcast and has plenty of legal fire-power of their own. Looks like another Casstevens / Wellman decision gone South that should be fun to watch.

nelson_haha2.jpg

I think it's hilarious that we have a single-topic poster on this board whose sole mission is to tear down a catering company. I love it

It's probably a 300 lb guy that used to enjoy at least the food at Wake! I know that I once did. Hell at a basketball game I had a Burger that stayed with me for a couple days.

Worst soft pretzels in America are served at LJMC. They must date back to the Carter admin.

I didn't know until about a month ago that Ovations has the contract with the State of North Carolina to provide prison food. Now the tower thing makes a little more sense to me.

I think it's hilarious that we have a single-topic poster on this board whose sole mission is to tear down a catering company. I love it

He also hates Cat Stevens, though I guess because Cat Stevens allegedly chose Ovations, they're one and the same here.

Any particular relevance for the "turftoe is a piece of shit" tag?

it just sucks, man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turf_toe

The injury can be debilitating for athletes of many sports who need to accelerate, quickly change direction, or jump. Use of the toes is not possible during the healing process. Since the toes are necessary for proper push-off when accelerating, those sorts of athletic activities can be almost completely curtailed. A healing period of one or more months is often required.

I didn't know until about a month ago that Ovations has the contract with the State of North Carolina to provide prison food. Now the tower thing makes a little more sense to me.

So we've been paying for extortionately-priced prison food? Out-STANDING ... I guess the "One Steak per Recruit" was more for safety concerns than miserliness ...

They provided the shit food offered at the ACC Tournament this week. Awful.

They provided the shit food offered at the ACC Tournament this week. Awful.

Yes, Ovations has the food concession contract at the Greensboro Coliseum. Now that WFU has made an agreement with the Greensboro Coliseum for management of the Joel, it may be really hard to get rid of Ovations.

Edit: But a nasty lawsuit could do the trick!

Last edited:
So what is the docket number for this case? Which court, who is representing who? If it is "major litigation" it usually means there is actual litigation.

AlreAdy checked Forsyth Cty and found nothing. Is Ovations based in Winston?

Unfortunately Lutz, Florida's catering company has not removed their name from consideration for our food services.

Back