• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Lawsuit: Ovations vs. Wake Forest Athletics

The rumor that was posted about how Hatch's guests got sick and Hatch was furious cracked me up. I bet Wake is trying to get out of the contract. Most of Ron's friends probably could care less about shitty basketball, but shitty food is a whole other deal.

I've read so many complaints about the food, surely some of you have some good things to say about stuff you've eaten since they took over. Not everything can be awful. I remember Wake putting out that press release about how everything was going to be fresh. They made it sound like Ovations was gonna be a big step up in terms of quality and variety of food.

The food that was warm wasn't bad. Obviously, not worth the cost, but it's stadium food.

And to correct earlier, it wasn't fries, it was chips.

I've read so many complaints about the food, surely some of you have some good things to say about stuff you've eaten since they took over. Not everything can be awful. I remember Wake putting out that press release about how everything was going to be fresh. They made it sound like Ovations was gonna be a big step up in terms of quality and variety of food.

Nope, nothing good, including the long lines at the concession stands.

The rumor that was posted about how Hatch's guests got sick and Hatch was furious cracked me up. I bet Wake is trying to get out of the contract. Most of Ron's friends probably could care less about shitty basketball, but shitty food is a whole other deal.

I think it was just that the food for Hatch's suite at Groves was very late and cold.

OMG. Bz is renowned for his clapping. Clapping is a synonym for Ovation.
Bz and Ovations both make people visiting the Joel feel like vomiting. I feel like the detective at the end of The Usual Suspects putting together all the Keyser Soze clues.

I think it was just that the food for Hatch's suite at Groves was very late and cold.

Ovations sucks. The food in the Tower was awful this year. Big step down from the past. Hope they sue to break the contract so we can go back to previous firm. Casstevens is an idiot for picking Ovations.

What goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch.

Cases in federal court just cost thousands more than cases in state court. When you are talking about a case worth less than a million or two, it is very sad that many big firms do not factor that in to the decision about where to file. Generally, only the lawyer benefits in terms of fees from filing/removing a case to federal court.

Not too many slip and fall cases in federal court, Ginger Matlock

Ovations sucks. The food in the Tower was awful this year. Big step down from the past. Hope they sue to break the contract so we can go back to previous firm. Casstevens is an idiot for picking Ovations.

I agree with everything you said.

This week I heard from a very reliable source in the President's office that there is major litigation in process between Ovations and the Athletic Dept.
My question is, who is actually claiming breach? WF because of poor overall performance by Ovations, or is it Ovations, because Casstevens supplied them with "fudged" revenue and attendance numbers and they're losing big money. In either case, WF, who has a history of bullying in litigation, may find this one a tough go, since Ovations is a multi-billion dollar corporation backed by Comcast and has plenty of legal fire-power of their own. Looks like another Casstevens / Wellman decision gone South that should be fun to watch.

Well, let's look at some of the facts: 1) The game-day food in the Tower and for the suites was horrible, according to numerous game attendees as well as some University employees; 2) The Deacon Tower Grille never re-opened and remains out of operation to-date; 3) The Head Chef for Ovations admitted to more than one person that "they didn't know what they were getting into." 4) Ovations clearly had a lack of knowledge of or disregard for County sanitation and food preparation regulations, as evidenced by their operations within Bridger Field House. I heard that the FC Health Dept actually shut them down in BFH, but I can't confirm that. However, I personally witnessed some of Ovations practices myself, during a visit to BFH. There was what appeared to be dried pasta salad on the floor in the corner of one of the coolers while another cooler had a large pool of either iced tea or beef blood (I couldn't tell which and wasn't going to test it to find out) on its floor. And the drain cover below the industrial sink was caked in a slimy, thick sludge because it had obviously not been cleaned in quite some time. I actually took photos of each of these to show someone who was interested in holding an event there, but after she saw them, and opted to go elsewhere, I deleted them.

Bottom line...the WF Athletic Dept misrepresented the situation and Ovations couldn't deliver. IMO, they both should agree to call it quits, lick their own wounds, and move on.

Forsyth County superior court is much faster & cheaper than MDNC. If I am representing Ovations (i'm not) in a breach of contract action against WFU, I would file right there every time.

The Welkers had Phoenix Grille up on University by 52. Good to see they are moving into a better location downtown. Should be good for them.

Yep, glad they got a better location. Great people who got shafted. Hope the new resturant works out for them.

What happened to Chop House? Was the location just too far from the downtown strip?

Back