• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Possible Lawsuit: Ovations vs. Wake Forest Athletics

I don't think that there will be a lawsuit. Since RW confessed at [name redacted]'s "resignation" press conference that the attendance numbers were fabricated, it would seem that Wake might find it difficult to defend the attendance representations used to entice Ovation into signing a more favorable contract. I would expect that Wake will cough up a big chunk of cash (DC contributions?) to make any such controversy go away. Just another case of the people in power using other people's money to keep their incompetence from coming to light.

Last edited:
What happened to Chop House? Was the location just too far from the downtown strip?

That's what was cited when they closed. My understanding was they had struggled for years and it was long rumored to be close to shuttering years before it actually happening. Wondering if the thinking is the growth of the Innovation Quarter will bring in more customers, particularly at a lower price point. There are a couple thousand more people down there now compared to just a few years ago. Inmar alone brought in like 900.

Back