• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICAL 2015/16 Premier League - Leicester CHAMPS. Best Sports Story Ever

I don't rate anyone bc I'm a goddamn American and don't talk like some Limey asshole

Ronald Koeman has agreed terms with Everton over his switch from Southampton, according to the manager's agent Rob Jansen.

He told Fox Sports in the Netherlands: "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Now, it's up to the clubs."

Ronald Koeman has agreed terms with Everton over his switch from Southampton, according to the manager's agent Rob Jansen.

He told Fox Sports in the Netherlands: "We have reached an agreement with Everton. Now, it's up to the clubs."

That would be a hell of a hire. Hope it doesn't happen.

rumored ManCity away. eww
man-city-16-17-away-kit-2.jpg

this was probably already posted, but West Ham
index.php

Liverpool away should be something like this
index.php

Just announced that the Charlotte Independence will play Swansea on July 13th, pretty cool for a USL club in its second year

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying the process of summarizing my FM save, so I'm moving the PBP to a real thread. So, after the 0-0 draw at Wigan, we're traveling across town for the Steel City Derby @ Sheffield United. This is the last game before the international break so I will be fielding the first choice XI despite having only 3 days between games.

Notice I have changed Kyle Walker-Peter's role at LB - basically begging him to get forward and overlap Julian Green on the left. Most of our clear cut chances have come from that side of the field.

This is probably a more aggressive, attacking tactic than I should use - but its a derby, I'm top of the league, and I want to win. Victor Moses failed his fitness test and won't make the bench, but there's enough depth at AM to make do. Here's how we line up:

Just announced that the Charlotte Independence will play Swansea on July 13th, pretty cool for a USL club in its second year

That's pretty huge for that club. First step towards MLS expansion?

That's pretty huge for that club. First step towards MLS expansion?

Uh, no. They need to get anything resembling a healthy stadium situation going first before even thinking about anything else. Getting people to go to their games will be a good first step too.

Uh, no. They need to get anything resembling a healthy stadium situation going first before even thinking about anything else. Getting people to go to their games will be a good first step too.

Is the game in Wales? I thought you meant Swansea was coming here. I just really want an MLS team in NC, no matter where it ends up. I really think Charlotte could support one, I would personally buy season tix and drive the hour to see most games.

It's somewhere in Charlotte, I'm not down there so I didn't pay attention to where they're playing. The Independence have been one setback after another with getting their stadium setup, and it seems like no one wants to go to Ramblewood. MLS isn't in a position to have to just take any situation now, so they can be picky. Charlotte isn't LA or NY that can get in without a good stadium situation squared away in advance.

It's too bad no one is going to games this year because they're actually pretty good.

As popular as soccer seems to be across the state, from the CLT, to the Triad, to the Traingle, you think there would be someone working their ass off to capitalize on it.

I haven't been to an Independence game this season, hoping to go Friday. I thought attendance was good last year though and hopefully it will pick up this season.

As popular as soccer seems to be across the state, from the CLT, to the Triad, to the Traingle, you think there would be someone working their ass off to capitalize on it.

Winston tried to get a stadium and MLS team in the early aughts -- kind of a grass roots effort led by Winston architect (and good dude) Rence Callahan, but it just never took off; it might have been a decade too early. NC does have a great soccer history, tons of youth involvement, and great college programs, so I wouldn't be surprised to see something pop up at some point, but gsterp is right, if you're a small market you have to have everything in place and ready to go to even get a look.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/stories/2001/11/05/daily42.html

Probably some more in depth stories around, but this was the first one that popped up for me.

Idk what thread this is most appropriate in but unai Emry to PSG is a head scratcher for me. Doesn't really have the temperament to take them where they want to be in the champions league. Dude freaks the fuck out in games against top teams (sorry Liverpool fans)

Back