• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

How does that prove your point? Yes, Chelsea is (are) on cruise control. Yes, 2-4/5 will be entertaining to watch. But I just think outside of Chelsea (and Spurs at times), the football is meh.

Watching Firmino-Coutinho-Lallana-Mane and Sane-Aguero-Sterling attack this season has not produced a whole lot of meh.

Ross just does nothing for me. Sorry. Every FK he takes is into the first defender, he's a rambling mess every time he goes forward and he has zero ability to break down opposing bunkering defenses.

Although TBH I haven't been able to watch anything more than the highlights of our last two matches because I was out of the country. So maybe he was awesome in those matches, I don't know.

he's not a good free kick taker, i'll give you that

but the other criticisms are not very good

he's too slow on the ball sometimes, that's the big critique, but he has been outstanding at breaking down good defenses since the end of january as everton have been on their good run of matches

since the 4-0 against city, he's had one bad match, the 0-0 against Boro

he won MoTM in the bournemouth game and has had 5 assists over that stretch, led the team in key passes, pass completion %, and successful dribbles

i know i spent a bunch of time talking about how whoscored ratings aren't the be-all-end-all, but ross is a 7.19 to gylfi's 7.28 in the league this season, and since january, ross has put in better scoring performances in 7 of 10 match weeks

gylfi is a better player, i'm not making that argument, but ross is getting better all the time

How does that prove your point? Yes, Chelsea is (are) on cruise control. Yes, 2-4/5 will be entertaining to watch. But I just think outside of Chelsea (and Spurs at times), the football is meh.

everton finished the season last year with 47 points and already have 50 with 9 matches to go

city are another good example--they finished 4th last season with 66 points

66 points won't make 5th this year

i guess i was only arguing that the top third of the league is ridiculously good

i do think, and have said, that the quality falls off steeply after everton to west brom

I'm on team Brasky here wrt Barkley. I've never been that impressed. Even with the age/wage disparity, I'd take Gylfi in a second.

It really can't be understated how much adding Gana and Schneiderlin to the midfield has done for the team, but it really helps Barkley a lot. His defensive responsibilities are basically none now, so he can focus on anchoring the center of the field, picking out the right pass, etc. His skills are so much better utilized under the current system than they ever were under Roberto or before when he sat deeper.

Ross is 4 years younger than Gylfi. He may not be better now, but he's got a chance to be much better at 27.

I have no clue where Barkley would play for Spurs. Maybe Poch sees him as a deeper lying muscular box to box type in the role Dembele fills? And if so, is he better in the middle of the park than Winks looks like he'll be?

I have no clue where Barkley would play for Spurs. Maybe Poch sees him as a deeper lying muscular box to box type in the role Dembele fills? And if so, is he better in the middle of the park than Winks looks like he'll be?

This I agree with. No idea what he adds to the current Spurs team. Dembele and Wanyama are both much better. Sissoko is a different kind of player. Winks seems like the closest comparison in terms of skills, and Winks already looks like a higher ceiling player, albeit less physical.

This I agree with. No idea what he adds to the current Spurs team. Dembele and Wanyama are both much better. Sissoko is a different kind of player. Winks seems like the closest comparison in terms of skills, and Winks already looks like a higher ceiling player, albeit less physical.

Winks is a very different type of player. He's the best passer Spurs have had in the middle of the park since Modric, but he's not nearly the athlete guys like Dembele, Wanyama or Barkley are. Maybe Poch wants one of both and thinks Barkley could replace Dembele over time and back-up Dele as well in the meantime? I have no clue. Those rumors just really don't make sense to me - especially as it appears Eriksen will keep playing deeper and deeper as his career goes on. Last thing Spurs need right now is another midfielder who can only play centrally.

Spurs need someone with explosive pace on the wing. Rose and Walker cannot be the only pace in the team for 50 matches a year, it's just not possible. Clinton N'Jie and now N'Koudou were brought in to be that, but neither made a mark and Spurs best youngster just is too young to fill in full time (Marcus Edwards, who is going to be a superstar but just turned 18). A Leroy Sane type player would be amazing, but there aren't many of those and they sure as fuck aren't cheap.

Spurs should sell Eriksen while they can. More wasteful, or at least just as wasteful, as Pogba on long shots and doesn't do the other things as well.

And I understand Pogba has under-performed his abilities this season.

No official statement from the club yet, but seems like Schneiderlin will be back for the derby. Good timing for the international break.

these rooney to everton rumors just won't quit

why in the world would we want those wages?

Whelp, this season can't get much worse injury-wise. Our best two players out for the rest of the season (Obiang) and a month (Antonio). Reid also out for 4-6 weeks. Fuck me.

Could this be HB2 related? We've had a game here for the past three years.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back