• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: End of Year 2 of the Manning Era

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst), how confident are you in Danny M

Votes: 18 6.6%

Votes: 47 17.2%

Votes: 64 23.4%

Votes: 40 14.6%

Votes: 39 14.2%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 21 7.7%

Votes: 6 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst), how confident are you in Danny Manning going forward?

1. I have zero hope that Danny Manning is good enough to get us consistently back to where Odom, Skip and Dino had us in the ACC. That's the goal, and he's not capable of it.

We're going to find ourselves mired at the bottom of the league as the HoF coaches start retiring and completely miss any opportunity that it presents.

3. I was pleased with the hire because of the name. But now that I've watched him in action, I'm not seeing anything to bank on. Some game prep technique, no in-game coaching, a dearth of motivational skill or ability to convey toughness, and he missed out on a program-changing, once-in-a-lifetime recruiting opportunity with someone in our backyard. I believe we are in for a long slow decline with a few minor pleasant surprises, but nothing that amounts to anything of import. He is not going to be a WFU long-timer. Sorry Coach, because you're a local product and you seem like a really good guy. This would have made for a nice story. But I don't believe it is meant to be.

He was just out coached by mark friggin goffried, although that shouldn't be surprising considering he gets out coached every damn game.

3. I was pleased with the hire because of the name. But now that I've watched him in action, I'm not seeing anything to bank on. Some game prep technique, no in-game coaching, a dearth of motivational skill or ability to convey toughness, and he missed out on a program-changing, once-in-a-lifetime recruiting opportunity with someone in our backyard. I believe we are in for a long slow decline with a few minor pleasant surprises, but nothing that amounts to anything of import. He is not going to be a WFU long-timer. Sorry Coach, because you're a local product and you seem like a really good guy. This would have made for a nice story. But I don't believe it is meant to be.

Decline? From what? We sucked before he got here, we suck now. Seems flat.

Decline? From what? We sucked before he got here, we suck now. Seems flat.

You're right. But there was an uptick in hope when he got here. There was a little surge of excitement when we started playing well in our nonconference games this year. After this conference season, I think his and his teams confidence is totally shot, and it's just going to get worse and worse.

Is it possible to have a negative pulse? I think that pretty much rids us of Bzzz's players, so can't use that excuse anymore Danny.

5. I believe the well was poisoned in the WF A.D. well before DM arrived.

If the lunatics still financially supporting this disaster will actually flex their muscle & finally kick the A.D.
to the curb, I think DM deserves a year or two @ WF removed from RW's stank.

Going 1-15 over the last half of the season totally inexcusable. The guy can not motivate the players he has. That is the mark of great coach-- to win with you have until you have what you want. Lack of motivational skills worries me

Who the hell voted 8s? Let me get some of that good stuff

Manning is what he his at this point. He has shown zero improvement over 2 years. We still make idiotic plays and its march in year 2. We're screwed

If the lunatics still financially supporting this disaster will actually flex their muscle & finally kick the A.D.

pretty much how i feel except with a lot more ambivalence.

A friend of mine who coaches in the DC area sat right behind the Wake bench today, not having seen the team play all year. In addition to noting we do the "little things" very poorly and calling our late-game execution a "travesty," he noted: "They're better than their record. Manning is coach of the year at whining about calls. Not sure what else he does."

This is where I'm at, but I still have some questions regarding his coaching and recruiting. I think he can be Dino with a talented team. That's a 3 in my book.

Back