• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: End of Year 2 of the Manning Era

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst), how confident are you in Danny M

Votes: 18 6.6%

Votes: 47 17.2%

Votes: 64 23.4%

Votes: 40 14.6%

Votes: 39 14.2%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 21 7.7%

Votes: 6 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Other than Cat Wake has better or as good talent...you're talking about #13 and #14. Gott sucks but he's a better coach than DM

Well he made a sweet 16 last year and has some good recruits. Glass houses and stones, you know.

Other than Cat Wake has better or as good talent...you're talking about #13 and #14. Gott sucks but he's a better coach than DM

Nope. The Martin twins were top 100 recruits coming in. Maverick Rowan was a top 50 recruit. Add Cat Barber into that. That's a lot of talent to finish slightly ahead of this Wake team in the standings.

To be fair State finished ahead of us by 3 games so it wasn't close.

Nope. The Martin twins were top 100 recruits coming in. Maverick Rowan was a top 50 recruit. Add Cat Barber into that. That's a lot of talent to finish slightly ahead of this Wake team in the standings.

Meh, we have Codi (#77), Crawford (#85), and Doral (#69) and double-double, "screwed out of All-ACC" Devin, as well as John Collins who looks like he will overachieve his recruiting ranking, too.

We have enough talent to not be 11-20. Do you agree?

Meh, we have Codi (#77), Crawford (#85), and Doral (#69) and double-double, "screwed out of All-ACC" Devin, as well as John Collins who looks like he will overachieve his recruiting ranking, too.

Definitely

You know, there was actually talk around here of us being a bubble team after the 9-3 start. :bowrofl:

Not just here. We were First Four Out on Bracketology on Jan 11.

So two freshmen (Manning recruits) and CMM compared to a Cat Barber (#25 and McDonald's All-American) who is now a junior, Caleb Martin (61), Cody Martin (71), Maverick Rowan (40), BeeJay Anya (67), and then I stopped looking them up.

Honestly, some of you are completely delusional and blind.

Hey I'm guilty, I was drinking the kool-aid back then too.

thats-racist.gif

So two freshmen (Manning recruits) and CMM compared to a Cat Barber (#25 and McDonald's All-American) who is now a junior, Caleb Martin (61), Cody Martin (71), Maverick Rowan (40), BeeJay Anya (67), and then I stopped looking them up.

No, we're really not. So what if another team with talent underachieved. That's not the point. Unless you count "other teams almost, not really suck as much as we do with more talent" as a moral victory. You can keep that one.

Wake Forest went 11-20 with two seniors and three top-100 players. We also had like four suspensions this year and one dismissal. That's just unacceptable by any metric.

I'll ask my original question again: we have enough talent to not be 11-20. Do you agree?

Do you believe a good basketball coach would have this team at a record better than 1-15 in its last 16 games?

I have more confidence in a dv7 led protest and a Justin Maynard flyover then Danny Manning winning anything of note at Wake.

Do you believe a good basketball coach would have this team at a record better than 1-15 in its last 16 games?

I really think the absolute floor for this team should've been 6 conference wins and we only got a third of that and those 2 wins came against the only team worse than us and the team that finished one spot ahead of us who was at their shittiest at that time. F- is too good a grade to give us.

Yay! We went 11-20 (2-17). I mean, at least we didn't underachieve as much as Gott! Yay!

Back