• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: End of Year 2 of the Manning Era

On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best, 1 the worst), how confident are you in Danny M

Votes: 18 6.6%

Votes: 47 17.2%

Votes: 64 23.4%

Votes: 40 14.6%

Votes: 39 14.2%

Votes: 33 12.0%

Votes: 21 7.7%

Votes: 6 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went 6. I really think you guys are underestimating the fact that last year he coached without 2 entire classes (no sophomores, and no seniors) [name redacted] brought in TWO ENTIRE CLASSES OF NOTHING. This year, we had no juniors, and next year, we will have no seniors. Just let that sink in...
Add on top of that, he was forced to rely on a freshman point guard to carry his team in the ACC, and you get a bottom of the ACC type team.

I just don't think a lot of people quite realize how hard it is to climb out of this hole [redacted] put us in. We all hoped it would be sooner, but we all knew this was a possibility.

Last edited:
beyond being upset, now I am steadily distancing myself and caring less and less

there is no hope with Hatch and Wellman

Hey, we kept it close, nobody got a T, nobody got in a fight, we didn't do anything that could be construed as bad culture, I'd say Wellman/Hatch are celebrating another win today.

Oh crap, you're right. How could I forget Rondale, he actually hit the rim and made a 3 today.

Rondale had 8 pts, 3 reb on 3-3 fg, 1-1 3pt, and made his and 1 FT. Rondale is the only player on the team who overachieved. He actually looks like he could develop into a decent bench player.

Rondale had 8 pts, 3 reb on 3-3 fg, 1-1 3pt, and made his and 1 FT. Rondale is the only player on the team who overachieved. He actually looks like he could develop into a decent bench player.

At times he's looked decent, but I think as long as we're having to depend on major minutes from him off the bench we're in trouble.

At times he's looked decent, but I think as long as we're having to depend on major minutes from him off the bench we're in trouble.

But we're not. I hope? I think you keep a guy like Rondale. Dude looks like he works hard. That'll go a long way in changing what appears to be a poisoned team culture.

But we're not. I hope? I think you keep a guy like Rondale. Dude looks like he works hard. That'll go a long way in changing what appears to be a poisoned team culture.

We have for a good part of this season, hopefully not going forward.

Oh I hope we never need 20 minutes from him. But 5-8 minutes? Sure.

Totally agree with that. He actually plays defense pretty well....and we obviously need a lot of that on this team.

Gave it a 6 because we played well in a tough OOC schedule. We stumbled when CMM came back, and DT seemed to not care a lot of the time....so Bz recruits had a lot to do with the last part of the season and they are gone. I think DM can turn it around, but it's a lot more hope than this time last year.

I'm an uneasy 5. Neither overly pessimistic nor optimistic. Next year will tell us a whole lot about Manning. His in game coaching is not good, but if he's putting in a system and getting the players that fit that system, next year should tell.

So, if we all seem to agree that he has a Dino-like ceiling and we all seem to agree that Dino wasn't a very good coach, remind me why we are supposed to have faith in Manning moving forward? I'm just hoping that he is able to get some talent back in the program to make us attractive to our next hire. This season hasn't shown me anything that suggests that he is capable of restoring us to anything outside of mediocrity.

Hey, we kept it close, nobody got a T, nobody got in a fight, we didn't do anything that could be construed as bad culture, I'd say Wellman/Hatch are celebrating another win today.

Sure we lost ... but didn't we wear our socks nicely!

Confident in what? Being decent/competitive again or actually challenging for titles and deep post season runs?

On the former - 5. Think roster talent & pieces didn't match well this year, tho we certainly should have been better. If we don't make a significant jump next year, then I'm DM out.

On the latter, 1. Long way to go. No way we get there until RW & co are out.

Once that happens I'm reasonably optimistic if we get good new leadership.

We are hysterically non-competitive.

And our incoming class is very [name redacted]-like!

Watson played 20 minutes today. McClinton played zero. I think it's pretty clear who is staying and who is going

Back