• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

I don't get the obsession some here seem to have with the personal lives of others.

This is a generally anonymous message board. Unless people voluntarily reveal something of themselves.

The beauty of this is that we can evaluate what others post here relatively free from so many of the usual prejudices or biases that affect how we communicate. It's really all about what we write, not so much who we are. I think it's kind of cool that we make our ogb reputations based on the content of what we post and how it is perceived.

What's the point of speculating about anyone else's personal life? Especially in some derogatory manner?

Why make any of this personal? Write what you want to. Argue, agree, ignore as you wish. But I think it should be all about the content of our posts, not speculations and accusations about who or what we imagine others to be.

July 2nd to August 6th was the best 5 weeks of the year on the message board

Unlike some people, though, I can leave the board. I'm not addicted to posting every single day of my life like several people on these boards. Just recently, for example, I didn't post for five full weeks....from July 2nd until August 6th. We have several posters who are incapable of that. Tell you what, I'll offer a deal that will gtive you a chance to get rid of me forever: If either RJ or PH will go five weeks without making a post on these boards like I just did, I will leave the boards forever and never post here again.

Come on RJ & PH....show me that you are not addicted. I'm sure that lots of posters will be pulling for you....but after 140,000 posts I think both of you are addicted and it is impossible for you to go just five weeks without posting.

I went six months then four more after making one post.

Everyone, JH is right, History teaches us that the best way to deal with Nazis is to talk about this issues, try to find common ground and work out solutions as if the Nazis were rational people with logical thought processes. Neville Chamberlain, by all accounts the greatest Prime Minister in the history of the British Empire, was able to, through honest discussions and negotiations, prevent WWII from happening (for like an extra 6 months). Next time the Nazis have a rally to which they bring bats, clubs, and brass knuckles, you should respond by brining some leagal pads and debate podiums. Chamberlain had a brief case so maybe bring one of those too.

How about we respond by letting them rant and otherwise leaving them alone, sort of like what Trump should be doing with the fat boy with the bad haircut? How many divisions does this military force have?

Candlelight vigil/rally for Heather and the other victims going on right now at the corner of 4th & Trade, across the street from Kings Crab Shack
ac3feb0995d8f5b887997e60c3af9a06.jpg

This is a very good point.

Young Republican senior from West Forsyth High School speaking about the patriotism of MLK and the Civil Rights movement, condemning white nationalism and nazism
495ea105754ecfa73451a7ef40e9af5b.jpg

"I bet jhmd is defending this shit." *checks boards for first time since March*

Does not disappoint.

Well i guess murder isn't enough so let's revert back to middle school level insults.

Yes...fuck white supremacists and Nazis. Fuck them all.

Well, it looks as if the Rev. Franklin Graham has weighed in on the incident:

"Shame on the politicians who are trying to push blame on President Trump for what happened in #Charlottesville, VA. That’s absurd. What about the politicians such as the city council who voted to remove a memorial that had been in place since 1924, regardless of the possible repercussions? How about the city politicians who issued the permit for the lawful demonstration to defend the statue? And why didn’t the mayor or the governor see that a powder keg was about to explode and stop it before it got started? Instead they want to blame President Donald J. Trump for everything. Really, this boils down to evil in people’s hearts. Satan is behind it all. He wants division, he wants unrest, he wants violence and hatred. He’s the enemy of peace and unity. I denounce bigotry and racism of every form, be it black, white or any other. My prayer is that our nation will come together. We are stronger together, and our answers lie in turning to God. It was good to hear that several Virginia and Charlottesville leaders attended church today at Mt. Zion. CNN said, “The racial divides that fueled Saturday’s violence were replaced by unity Sunday…” Continue to pray for peace and for all those impacted by Saturday’s tragedies."

Good read of the situation, reverend. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is the proper response.

Back