• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Report: Kavanaugh won’t commit to recusal from Trump/Mueller related matters

Further away, I would say after a quick read of #3’s affidavit, but Avenatti hasn’t done the process any favors by keeping his surprise under wraps until today. If I were on the judiciary committee, I would invite her to come, but there would be no negotiations. She would come on the terms we set or she wouldn’t come at all.

I should also add that her story has some real problems, and if she isn’t willing to come, it should be ignored entirely, at best, or, at worst, further evidence that this is a calculated smear.

You would probably also want Mark Judge to hide out at some dude's beach house. Oh wait, the pubs are already doing that.

She doesn’t allege that he raped her.

Where's the word "rape" in my post?

"Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
Of course, you'd want it ignored. It's only a woman Kavanaugh and his buddies abused. It's not like it was a man. Boys will be boys after all."

But keep on contorting yourself to allow powerful people to abuse women with no consequences.

Further away, I would say after a quick read of #3’s affidavit, but Avenatti hasn’t done the process any favors by keeping his surprise under wraps until today. If I were on the judiciary committee, I would invite her to come, but there would be no negotiations. She would come on the terms we set or she wouldn’t come at all.

I should also add that her story has some real problems, and if she isn’t willing to come, it should be ignored entirely, at best, or, at worst, further evidence that this is a calculated smear.

Lol.

You would probably also want Mark Judge to hide out at some dude's beach house. Oh wait, the pubs are already doing that.

He should have been at one of Putin's beach homes by the Black Sea if they really wanted to hide him....

Nothing new here. Everyone knows it's a he-said/she-said situation that happened 35 years ago with unclear memories all around. That only really matters if the goal is to apply a "presumption of innocence" and reasonable doubt standard on a job interview. The problem for Kavanaugh defenders is that more and more claims of his bad behavior in the early 80s keep showing up, and the goal posts have to keep moving to justify a "yes" vote on that job interview. A few pages ago you were arguing that the lack of other accusers makes Ford less credible... how does that goalpost look today?

Still only three allegations, no evidence of a pattern. If we get to four though, it’s a whole new ball game.

He should have been at one of Putin's beach homes by the Black Sea if they really wanted to hide him....

tenor.gif

Still only three allegations, no evidence of a pattern. If we get to four though, it’s a whole new ball game.

19 wasn't enough to keep Trump out of the WH...Hell, even an Edwin Edwards event won't keep most OWG Republicans from supporting Kavanaugh.

In 1983, Edwards famously said, ""The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy".

19 wasn't enough to keep Trump out of the WH...Hell, even an Edwin Edwards event won't keep most OWG Republicans from supporting Kavanaugh.

In 1983, Edwards famously said, ""The only way I can lose this election is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy".

Exactly, the new ball game of which I speak is requiring 5 accusations in order to be taken seriously, then 6, then 7, and so on.

At this point suspicion of these accusations is not irrational, but lack of suspicion on Kavanaugh is purely partisan.

At this point why do you bother clarifying that we should ignore any one of these allegations specifically? You're obviously content to ignore them all under your theory that it's all a calculated smear.

What people don't seem to grasp is that the additional allegations are almost perfectly in line with how sexual assault and rape allegations against a person with multiple victims generally plays out. Just looking at how the GOP and right-wing media has treated Blasey Ford shows how incredibly difficult it is to be believed when you are the only person accusing someone of such a crime. But once one person is courageous enough to report, it makes it exponentially easier for others that were victims to come forward. Strength in numbers has no better exemplar than sexual assault allegations.

His statement on Fox News last night about not being at any of those parties is a very dangerous one. If people come forward to say he was, he should be done.

My bad, even admitting to being a serial and willing sexual abuser isn't disqualifying to Republicans and Trump supporters.

His statement on Fox News last night about not being at any of those parties is a very dangerous one. If people come forward to say he was, he should be done.

My bad, even admitting to being a serial and willing sexual abuser isn't disqualifying to Republicans and Trump supporters.

He actually said that? Someone needs to get Mike Judge under oath on that claim ASAP.

So, basically, a thumb goes on the scale in favor of the sexual harassment/assault accuser in almost every case involving a powerful man. Got it.

Yes. But, to be fair, on the other side of the scale are the thumbs of: why did it take her so long to speak up, she was drunk, she was asking for it, it’s only your word against his, it wasn’t that bad, boys will be boys, you must have done something to lead him on, etc.

I know it’s scary for powerful men to have any “thumbs” on the other side of the scales, but don’t worry (and as Kavanaugh’s eventual confirmation will prove) rich white men of privilege and political connections will always have the scales tipped in their favor.

Back