• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Trump pulled back the curtain on what the RNC did, stacking the audience with establishment types, and the audience didn't like it.

"For those of you who have said that waterboarding is not torture, we've actually brought a waterboarding station out to the stage tonight. Who's first?"

Kasich is kinda goofy and not smooth at all, but he makes his points about others' deficiencies without hamfisted cleaving them directly.

Kasich has unquestionable the best credentials of the group. It's not even close. Yet he is too moderate/reasonable and not willing to pander to the nutjob wing of the party to have any chance in the GOP primary.

Question: Is there a finish bad enough that would cause Jeb to drop out after Tuesday? Say he finished 7th with 5% of the vote. Would he get out? I don't think he would.

Personally, I think he will finish 5th...ahead of Christie & Carson...with about 7-8%, but he is just postponing the inevitable...and making it more likely that that clown Rubio will get the nomination. (Or, God forbid, Ted Cruz)

Last edited:
Christie absolutely nailed Rubio. And Rubio has proven his point again and again tonight.

Christie and Kasich completely dominant tonight but neither will sniff the nomination because they don't pander enough. Sad.

Rubio and Cruz are on their knees sucking their hearts out - and the votes are rolling in for them.

Silly Christie, he should know defending Muslims won't get him very far for primaries.

I would like candidates on either side to explain why it is necessary to spend more on national defense than we did during the Cold War. What makes the Islamic fundamentalists are greater menace than the Soviet Union?

Why Rand Paul never got traction.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/02/04/dear-rand-paul-supporter-heres-why-your-guy-didnt-win/2/

Right now, people don't want liberty. They may want a sense of freedom for themselves, but aren't willing to endure their neighbor's freedom. Modern Americans will sacrifice their own rights to wield control over others. If you doubt that, attend your town's next planning commission meeting. For freedom to reign, the culture must change, and a political campaign is not going to do that.

Hillary was all for going into Libya. How is that scene working out for the Libyans?

I heard an administration official on PBS two days ago talk about helping our Baltic allies. Why are they allies? What do they bring to the relationship? How is our national security threatened by moves the Russians make in that area? These are questions the moderators will not ask any of the candidates. I would like to see a debate hosted by the editors of Mothers Jones, the Nation, Reason and Lew Rockwell. I would watch that.

These are great posts. If you need a party that agrees with you, I know one.

Rubio might struggle in a 1 v 1 debate. 1 hour of talking vs 15 minutes, a lot more back and forth, a lot harder to memorize and robot it

There should be no unemployment for veterans? Great. Guess the other 15 million Americans looking for full time work are shit out of luck. These guys are all so full of shit.

Carson couldn't figure out when to walk on stage and he screwed up the easiest question of the night. Needs to quit right now.

I believe that Rubio will take most of the heat tonight....at least from Jeb & Christie. Kasich needs to hit Rubio, too, but I just don't see Kasich going negative. He has based his entire campaign on the idea that he is going to stay positive and be the sensible guy that voters turn to after they tire of hearing the other candidates yelling at each other. He has worked the state tirelessly because his future in this race depends on what happens Tuesday....and I think he is going to do well. The question is whether it will be good enough to beat Rubio. I think that Kasich will finish no worse than 3rd Tuesday....ahead of Cruz, who really has no constituency in NH. He needs to beat Bush by at least 5%...and I think he will. Christie is finished. Bush should be if he comes in with 6 to 8%, but his people still cling to the hope that they can hang on with all their money and old-time power brokers & eventually buy the nomination....but it ain't gonna happen.

Didn't see anything tonight that would cause me to change that statement.

Jeb didn't hit Rubio too much....but Christie certainly did.

The conservative spin on the Ben Carson introduction is amazing. Here some Facebook gems.

You can't expect any better from ABC. That is the best they are capable of, after all, they kicked out the only female candidate, so they had to do something to also humiliate the black candidate.

This shows the greatest act of respect that Donald Trump has for others in regards to fairness. Donald a Trump stood with Ben Carson as the other long term politicians rudely pushed past. Says so much doesn't it. Donald Trump stands for what's fair and is respectful. Truly a Great Man and that's the kind of President America needs. God Bless him and #DonaldTrump has our vote

Rubio's repeated 35 second speech repeated three times in a row was just weird. Cruz is a scumbag campaigning for his future as a mega church book salesman. Carson is just Token from South Park. Trump has essentially said the exact same thing for months without communicating a detail about anything. The whole "he said my name I get to respond" m.o. was just a stupid way to let a debate have no organization.

Back