• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I don't see this as a bad thing as quality first team minutes at Seattle will help further his development, but this will raise the question of whether he is going to be another LD in terms of being unwilling to challenge himself overseas.

I don't see this as a bad thing as quality first team minutes at Seattle will help further his development, but this will raise the question of whether he is going to be another LD in terms of being unwilling to challenge himself overseas.

MLS a shit ton better these days than even 10 years ago. That said, if Morris proves himself to be a top player in MLS then he needs to move to Europe to continue his development and truly challenge himself to continue to improve his game.

You wonder if Morris perhaps worried about Werder Bremen's ability to stay up. Hopefully, he sees himself in MLS for 2-3 years before taking on a bigger challenge.

Heaven forbid we get another LD that plays in the MLS his whole career and nets 57 while assisting 50

Yeah I wasn't even addressing dv7 in my post, TBH. Just mikedrum and the "challenging oversees" comment

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/...ampaign=New Campaign&utm_term=Soccer National

But Klinsmann noted that Feilhaber's perspective is that of a player while his is that of a coach. He insisted that he continues to monitor the play of McCarty, Hedges, and Kljestan. But the U.S. manager noted that Feilhaber has had multiple opportunities.

"We had [Feilhaber] several times with us, and he was not able to make a mark," said Klinsmann in an exclusive interview. "Benny unfortunately was never able to step up to an international level with me. Whatever was before was before.

"We gave him the opportunity a couple of times in our environment and he was never able to put a stamp on the game. That's why he's not invited here, because he's not on my level, not consistent enough."

So guys like Orozco, Morales, Corona, Davis, Ibarra, Alvardo, etc... have put their individual stamps on the game, while Benny hasn't? Sounds legit.

Last edited:
When it was pointed out that Feilhaber had an outstanding 2015 campaign, Klinsmann indicated that the player's success came mostly in the first half of the season, and that Kansas City manager Peter Vermes actually started Feilhaber on the bench in the last regular season game. But Klinsmann stressed that his broader point is that there are many factors that go into building a roster, and every coaching staff takes a different approach.

"We coaches over a longer period of time, we see how everybody performs, and we make up our own mind," said Klinsmann. "And then every player has to fit into what we are actually doing. So you can certainly argue about individual players. He just might not match what we are looking for, or how we want to play. Or how we put the pieces together.

"There are many different aspects to the game. There's the playing side, the chemistry side, it's how people match. What is the dynamic of the group, and so on. So many points come into the decision as to why some people are part of it then and why some people aren't part of it."

Ugh. Such a tool.

Back