• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Osorio can go fuck himself. Salcedo hurt himself (assuming he popped his shoulder out) by extending it out at Wood. No reason for Wood to stop there. Should have buried it.

I have no idea how Russia didn't score off that free header. I also have no idea how Ronaldo missed an open header himself on the counter.

Russian keeper didn't do a great job on the Ronaldo goal, but he's keeping them in the game right now. A couple of outstanding saves, one of which was world class.
Akinfeev is a fucking abomination. He could single handedly stop the nuclear apocalypse by catching a ballistic missile and I'd still know he's the worst international keeper of the past 20 years.

Akinfeev is a fucking abomination. He could single handedly stop the nuclear apocalypse by catching a ballistic missile and I'd still know he's the worst international keeper of the past 20 years.

best VAD HYPERBOLE™ yet! Fantastic stuff.

I have no idea how Russia didn't score off that free header. I also have no idea how Ronaldo missed an open header himself on the counter.

Russian keeper didn't do a great job on the Ronaldo goal, but he's keeping them in the game right now. A couple of outstanding saves, one of which was world class.

Uh oh, this is the vad bat signal right here.

Russia had a legit penalty waived away early on against Mexico. Then a second one (which was a dive), gets reviewed by replay but no yellow card is given for diving. I don't understand how this replay system is supposed to work.

Russia had a legit penalty waived away early on against Mexico. Then a second one (which was a dive), gets reviewed by replay but no yellow card is given for diving. I don't understand how this replay system is supposed to work.

So the system is predicated on the expectation that when a referee makes a mistake that his peers consider egregious and he/she is shown a replay of the blown call the ref will accept his mistake and correct it? Good luck with that.

So the system is predicated on the expectation that when a referee makes a mistake that his peers consider egregious and he/she is shown a replay of the blown call the ref will accept his mistake and correct it? Good luck with that.

Yeah I just don't understand their thought process this tournament, which is too bad as it's a pretty easy system that could get rid of a lot of the missed calls that can affect an outcome.

Good match though, both sides going after it.

And yet when the World Cup kicks off next summer, Akinfeev will still be in net for Russia. The options are an ethnic Ossetian and a naturalized Brazilian, and there's no way they take the spot of the white Rus captain of the Army team.

This is despite the fact that a random sturgeon drug out of the Volga wearing gloves on its flippers would be a fucking massive upgrade.

We have to get Jackie naturalized. Dude just bossed a goal. Absolute joy to watch.

He's eligible for citizenship 5 years after receiving his green card, which I think he got earlier this year. So I guess we can look forward to seeing him in Qatar unless the current administration decides to fast track the citizenship process ZING

He's eligible for citizenship 5 years after receiving his green card, which I think he got earlier this year. So I guess we can look forward to seeing him in Qatar unless the current administration decides to fast track the citizenship process ZING

The year of residency before you can apply for your green card counts as one of the 5 years for citizenship. So, one year closer.

The year of residency before you can apply for your green card counts as one of the 5 years for citizenship. So, one year closer.

Nice. So with the late start to WC2022 we might have him for the whole hex. Kid can play.

Back