• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Return of the Goon Mafia; Day 5 ends 3:15:59 pm

at least 6. PS I knew knight was mafia because he didn't tell me the game started. How the fuck was I supposed to know the game started? It's tuesday morning with 17 pages of ryala sharting before I know there is a game?

this is such a bullshit excuse

you know the game started because you signed up for it

you have a web browser, just like everybody else

your shitty little gchat crew pisses me off a little. no, you don't need to be told when games are starting. check the fucking board like everyone else.

I mean, in the signup he made no mention of when it would start. I assumed not until at least Tuesday.

You're right, the other 14 of us were secretly told when the game would start

Knight said:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KnightOnly if he's the captain or the captain RNG'd. Rommy never makes end game. I would RNG, but I'd say at least half the players currently playing wouldn't RNG.

1. gouda - Doesn't get picked, dies too early. Only reason to pick him is to mitigate civ brain. Think would be a decent pick.
2. damo - Civ. Good job. Also think would be another good pick. Damo more than anything can just hide as mafia and last until end game.
3. bym - I'd pick him if I didn't RNG, but board is split on him. Unknown. Too risky imo
4. toogs - Civ. Plays like shit now. Major AA risk
5. SD3agles - Civ. Too risky to give away teammates. Not sure I buy the AA risk but a mafia captain would have be quite ballsy to pick SD3. High potential for being mafia's MVP as a civ
6. Tim - Civ. ^ Don't understand civ guarantee here. Another quiet guy that could last to end-game.
7. ryalabro - Coinflip. Good banter pick. Agreed.
8. Boston - Coinflip. Good stealth pick. Same logic here as Damo/TimDunk
9. #DudeLove - Civ. Dies to early. Did I miss someone's new nickname?
10. The Red Sox Suck - Civ. Too risky to give away teammates Disagree with Knight. Could see this being a decent wildcard play. Great at shitclouding the thread as mafia without being suspicious.
11. Chic - Coinflip. Good stealth pick. Girls don't get chosen. Move along.
12. Nonny - Mafia. Great stealth/braindrain. Civ.
13. doofus - Coinflip. Stealth would be outweighed by him giving away teammates. Sure.
14. romalom - Civ. Dies to early. Probably true.
15. Da - Coinflip. Think this is always one of the most popular picks. Far better mafia than civ.

So, until we get actual leads, the pool should be:

Ryala, Boston, Chic, Nonny, Doofus, Da.
I think it's far easier to rule people out as being captain's picks than to guess who would be picked. That said, I think Knight as mafia would do what he's doing. And if he is mafia, we've got a gang of data to go on.

But if not Knight...and if Knight is gonna stay this active I'm fine moving...I'd go Da.

I also went back through Knight's post and my reaction to it to get a better idea of what Knight was pushing. First off, props to him for actually building that list and taking a major risk. Because as mafia, it's very easy to just stay absent rather than putting yourself out there with a loki style list. But going with that risk, I think this is what also gave him away (or to me at least confirmed my initial suspicion). I disagreed too many times with his explanations, which similarly, making up faux-analysis is a very difficult thing for me when mafia.

I definitely disagreed with gouda not being a decent pick. And calling DA a coinflip as well when I think he is always a great captain's pick. But overall...props for Knight for putting this out there as it's no question a major risk when you're not completely honest with the analysis.

I also went back through Knight's post and my reaction to it to get a better idea of what Knight was pushing. First off, props to him for actually building that list and taking a major risk. Because as mafia, it's very easy to just stay absent rather than putting yourself out there with a loki style list. But going with that risk, I think this is what also gave him away (or to me at least confirmed my initial suspicion). I disagreed too many times with his explanations, which similarly, making up faux-analysis is a very difficult thing for me when mafia.

I definitely disagreed with gouda not being a decent pick. And calling DA a coinflip as well when I think he is always a great captain's pick. But overall...props for Knight for putting this out there as it's no question a major risk when you're not completely honest with the analysis.

Lol

Someone in mafia chat said they were between me and you when they killed me and i protected you. I almost helped.

I'm not complaining. They're lucky I'm not a better player, else, I would've broken that game wide open!

Someone in mafia chat said they were between me and you when they killed me and i protected you. I almost helped.

I misremembered, it was actually the night before we killed you that we went back and forth between bym and damo. We still did not hit bym because we thought he was a likely protection candidate, so you did good. Just no luck.

knight knows if he sucks my tip then i stay off him for a while.

Back