• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

The word "classless" sure is being thrown around a lot right now.

Don't feel bad for Dino. He found a great fit...in television. He's a good analyst and probably gets a livable income from that. But the fact that nobody has shown interest in him as a coach since he left Wake is worth noting.

I'm sure it's much more than liveable. And does anyone really know if he has or has not been considered for a coaching position? Does anyone know if he really wants to coach? Maybe he's found something he likes better and he's comfortable in his own skin. He's a damn good analyst, that's all I know.

Chris nelsona day ago

Thank you Jay Bilas!!!! thank you so much!!!! Buzz-in Bilas-in

If you want a little entertainment this morning, and you're on Facebook, take a look at the "#1 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Fans" page...

Section 2, aka Chris Wake Forest Nelson, is all over that page blasting people for being bad fans and rolling the quad.

Spouting knowledge like he had ANY idea of what was going on inside our basketball program...and people lapping it up (if you can understand his poor grammar and spelling) because he has a Deacon tattoo and dresses like an idiot at games.

I admit, I looked at his page- his profile pic now a photo of him him flexing his bicep (no muscle, just flabby skin where the bicep should be) and posing beside a very uncomfortable looking Bz.

What a freak.

If you want a little entertainment this morning, and you're on Facebook, take a look at the "#1 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Fans" page...

Section 2, aka Chris Wake Forest Nelson, is all over that page blasting people for being bad fans and rolling the quad.

Spouting knowledge like he had ANY idea of what was going on inside our basketball program...and people lapping it up (if you can understand his poor grammar and spelling) because he has a Deacon tattoo and dresses like an idiot at games.

I admit, I looked at his page- his profile pic now a photo of him him flexing his bicep (no muscle, just flabby skin where the bicep should be) and posing beside a very uncomfortable looking Bz.

What a freak.
I'm disturbed, though not surprised, by the responses to his post on that #1 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Fans page. Too many sheep out there who have been drinking the AD kool aid for way too long.

I hope these same LOWF people who are quick to preach about how RW & Bz changed the culture of the marquee athletic program for what they consider to be the better will come to understand that this polarization of the fanbase is a direct consequence of that duo's interactions (or lack thereof) with the very fans and alumni who care the most about WFU.

Last edited:
Culture is a handy way for those in power to tap down on those who have less of it by saying, well look how that person is not being classy. That's not our culture.

Well I guess our culture of hiring buddies for positions they are vastly not prepared for is really paying dividends.

MF99 is the worst poster among all of the 3 boards. He is a rare mix of stupidity and arrogance. He is convinced that I am also posting as some random poster from last night who also thinks he is a jackass.

I just went over to the Scout board and feel dumber for it. MF99's posts were horrible. I mean, mind-bogglingly dumb. He's barking about 2 years at Air Force and the one (barely) winning season Buzz had in Denver to argue that his hiring was somehow justified. His posts are so ridiculous that it makes me wonder if Wellman has progeny.

Deacz post just nails the sentiment of the fanbase. Nobody rolled the quad when Odom left, or when Dino was fired. I assume they didn't when Staak was canned. The reason they did this time is because of all the BS that Wellman spewed over the last 4 years and because Buzz consistently threw his players under the bus like he was still coaching paid players in the NBA. Rolling the quad was a logical release of all the frustration and the anger. I mean, I cannot think of a better contrast than the quad rolling going on while Wellman was stumbling through his press conference still spouting the same dried-up bullshit that he has for 4 years. It was really unbelievable. You want to know why people celebrated this day? Just fucking open your eyes and look at the fool responsible. Look at him trip all over himself. Look at him talk about how winning isn't necessarily about wins. Look at him basically admit to fudging attendance numbers. Look at him talk about digging deep. He's grasping at straws that don't even exist. Some of it is no doubt personal against Buzz because he never ingratiated himself to the fans (and probably wasn't capable of it with his assholeperger syndrome) and consistently deflected blame, but there is no Buzz without Wellman. It is as much a fuck you to Wellman as it is to Buzz.

But Ron is right. WF is winning by removing [Redacted] from the basketball program, even though it did not get an actual "win."

But Ron is right. WF is winning by removing [Redacted] from the basketball program, even though it did not get an actual "win."

actually, ron's correct in that by hiring and keeping bzz for so long we ended up losers, which means we're actually winners

stock-photo-spilled-water-glass-94224310.jpg

As well it should be. Because it is.

Anyone continuing to defend Wellman and Buzz's lies, character assassinations, use of human shields and tosses of players/fans under the bus during the last four years is certainly classless.

This from the USA Today article is just wrong in so many ways. Since there is no comments section and I don't Twitter I am handicapped.

"[Redacted] failed in his attempt to keep Wake competitive in the ACC, but he’s a good man with a family. He’s been a fine representative of the university. There weren’t many wins when he was around but there also weren’t any of the embarrassing incidents that checkered the tenure of Dino Gaudio."

Buzz is a dishonest, incompetent, blame shifting crony hire and Dino is the "good man with a family". Buzz played an active role in the rumor and innuendo campaign to smear Dino (as well as other past coaches and players). And people like this USA Today author are unwitting accomplices. I hope some of you Twitterers will take him to task and provide whatever other substantiating info his anticipated ignorant response requires. Hopefully Chris Chase will see the error of his ways and write about this sad and slanderous chapter of Wake athletics.

Who knows, maybe this could be the beginning of correcting this fallacy.

Last edited:
This from the USA Today article is just wrong in so many ways. Since there is no comments section and I don't Twitter I am handicapped.

"[Redacted] failed in his attempt to keep Wake competitive in the ACC, but he’s a good man with a family. He’s been a fine representative of the university. There weren’t many wins when he was around but there also weren’t any of the embarrassing incidents that checkered the tenure of Dino Gaudio."

Buzz is a dishonest, incompetent, blame shifting crony hire and Dino is the "good man with a family". Buzz played an active role in the rumor and innuendo campaign to smear Dino's (as well as other past coaches and players) reputations. And people like this USA Today author are unwitting accomplices. I hope some of you Twitterers will take him to task and provide whatever other substantiating info his anticipated ignorant response requires. Hopefully Chris Chase will see the error of his ways and write about this sad and slanderous chapter of Wake athletics.

Who knows, maybe this could be the beginning of correcting this fallacy.

ad-indiantakers-fallacy-4.gif

Classless, embarrassing, inappropriate - a few of the many words that I would use. Buzz was a bad coach, deserved to be fired and he is now gone. I'm happy about it. but to celebrate that with a rolling of the Quad should be considered one of the low points for Wake Forest. And please do not call it LOWF mentality. As a Wake alum who suffered the Staak years in person, I want Wake to win as much, if not more, than anybody. But I also teach my four kids and the JV basketball team that I coach how to act with morals, sportsmanship and class. Those are qualities that define a person. Fans cheering against WFU, rolling the Quad when the coach resigns, spewing a consistent stream of personal vile........I just don't get it. Winning and class are not mutually exclusive. Hopefully, the new hire will help bring the entire fan base back together. I doubt any new coach would support the celebration of his predecessor resigning.

Back