• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roll The Quad!!!

You know, rolling the quad is probably not the greatest move, but there are a bunch of kids 18 -21 who were robbed of the ACC basketball experience. I think in my day, we would all be right there with them. All these grown ups opining about class is just over the top. The team belongs to their classmates. And they have been powerless to fix it. It's not just about Buzz. It's about venting frustration .

You know, rolling the quad is probably not the greatest move, but there are a bunch of kids 18 -21 who were robbed of the ACC basketball experience. I think in my day, we would all be right there with them. All these grown ups opining about class is just over the top. The team belongs to their classmates. And they have been powerless to fix it. It's not just about Buzz. It's about venting frustration .

THIS

this post was rather unexpected

Absolutely. Personally, I think Bz has been giving the finger to the fanbase the past four years. It only seems fair that some may deem this as a celebratory "fuck you" in response. But it's not even about that. It's about celebrating a new life and a new beginning here.

just imagine how pissed they would have been about TOILETS

toilets2_5.jpg

Plus at 4 PM on a Thursday and having no Friday classes I'd probably be half in the bag anyway when I was at Wake.

Student Athletes are "unrolling" the quad now. Not just cleaning up but with long pipes getting the toilet paper out of the trees.

If that makes them feel good and someone writes a story on it, great. Statement was made and it made headlines. Now everyone can leave feeling good.

Student Athletes are "unrolling" the quad now. Not just cleaning up but with long pipes getting the toilet paper out of the trees.

I have mixed emotions about this. No current student or student athlete has been at Wake during a time of sustained success. I admire their loyalty but at the same time it reeks of Stockholm Syndrome and LOWF. Their scholarships are being paid for by alumni that expect more than a record of 4-8 (2-6) in football and 17-16 (6-12) in cupcake city basketball. The "Wake Forest Way" does not need to insinuate perpetual losing seasons.

<sarcasm> It's weird for there to be a disconnect between student-athletes and non student-athletes </sarcasm>

are you kidding me? just let's all be done with buzz and focus on ronald mcdonald and his bullshit.

e-mail from Hatch

Dear Wake Forest Community,

Yesterday, after the announcement that Jeff [Redacted] had resigned as Wake Forest’s head basketball coach, some members of our community took it upon themselves to roll the quad. Rolling the quad, as every Wake Forester knows, is a tradition celebrating competitive success.

Aaron Rountree III, a Wake Forest sophomore on the basketball team tweeted, “’Rolling The Quad’ should be reserved for glorifying the success of Wake Forest University, not for the disrespect of another human being.” I could not say it better.

Civility is a hallmark of our community and I am disappointed that yesterday’s misplaced passion did not accurately portray our values to the country. Dozens of people came out this afternoon to clean the quad and for that I am grateful.

Sincerely,

Nathan O. Hatch
President

E-mail from WFU president:

"Dear Wake Forest Community,

Yesterday, after the announcement that Jeff [Redacted] had resigned as Wake Forest’s head basketball coach, some members of our community took it upon themselves to roll the quad. Rolling the quad, as every Wake Forester knows, is a tradition celebrating competitive success.

Aaron Rountree III, a Wake Forest sophomore on the basketball team tweeted, “’Rolling The Quad’ should be reserved for glorifying the success of Wake Forest University, not for the disrespect of another human being.” I could not say it better.

Civility is a hallmark of our community and I am disappointed that yesterday’s misplaced passion did not accurately portray our values to the country. Dozens of people came out this afternoon to clean the quad and for that I am grateful.

Sincerely,

Nathan O. Hatch
President"

Back