• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Roughly 3 weeks into Trump as PEOTUS...

I think everyone but Bolton makes it through.

It's articles like this that give Trump power. Sensationalized drama queens from the left over emphasizing everything so that legitimate points are lost in the wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. The first 10 paragraphs or so is just a summary of facts. Yes, they do seem sensationalized, because it's all completely ridiculous.

Perry Said to Be Trump’s Top Candidate for Energy

rick-perry-dancing-gif.gif

Welp.

Trump Picks Energy Department Opponent Rick Perry for Energy Secretary: Sources

At a presidential town hall in 2011, he (Perry) said, "I think there are a substantial number of scientists who have manipulated data so that they will have dollars rolling into their projects."

Perry is also likely to be questioned during confirmation hearings about the Dakota Access Pipeline. He serves on the board of directors of Energy Transfer Partners, the company building the controversial project near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see the incoming West Wing staff toss all the White House recycling bins out the window out of principle when they move in. I hope everyone is invested in fossil fuels, because we are gonna #DrillBabyDrill !

Jeff Sessions waves hello. As do both Tillerson and Bolton at State. I heard Rand Paul on NPR this a.m. saying Bolton was completely unacceptable and would do what he could to block his nomination. I was talking to my financial advisor about Tillerson and the oil cut back issue yesterday, and he was open to giving Tillerson a chance. Said he was a smart guy who knows the players in the ME and of course in Russia. But he's going to have to prove to senators from both sides that he greatly appreciates the difference between advocating on behalf of his corporation and being our chief diplomat and that he can adequately divest himself from all of his Exxon interests. As for Tillerson, I'm also interested as to why he wants to take a yuge pay cut, divest himself of all of his Exxon interests (probably losing money in the process) to take maybe the most difficult and time consuming job in the administration. At the end of the day, I think Sessions and most of the other controversial nominees make it through confirmation, but Tillerson and Bolton will not.

Divestments are capital gains tax free for cabinet members. It's a huge windfall.

Our current Energy Secretary has a PhD in theoretical physics from Stanford.

Rick Perry got a D in "Meats" at A&M.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/61684192/Rick-Perry-s-Texas-A-M-Transcript

Stop being an elitist. The dumber the better -- we need to get all of those fancy-pants intellectuals who know what they are doing out of Washington and replace them with real "mericans who do cowboy shit and need to keep saying "alright, explain this to me like I'm 5, again". #draintheswamp

Holy shit, didn't know that.

Same here. It makes sense, but it could be abused by this cabinet. I'm guessing this law was intended for a regular portfolio not for billionaires.

Stop being an elitist. The dumber the better -- we need to get all of those fancy-pants intellectuals who know what they are doing out of Washington and replace them with real "mericans who do cowboy shit and need to keep saying "alright, explain this to me like I'm 5, again". #draintheswamp

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me to see the incoming West Wing staff toss all the White House recycling bins out the window out of principle when they move in. I hope everyone is invested in fossil fuels, because we are gonna #DrillBabyDrill !

JEB! was pretty opposed to offshore drilling in FL when he was governor. could definitely see Trump going all in on that quickly to fuck with him.

I think everyone but Bolton makes it through.

Doubt Bolton get nominated. Neither Bolten nor Flynn fit with Tillerson or Mattis. Flynn doesn't require confirmation, but would not be shocked if he gets pulled or gets a quick hook. Trump dumped both Lewandowski and Manafort during the campaign, so loyalty only goes so far (Rudy, Christie, Newt). Tillerson's a lot more important to Trump than Flynn or Bolton, so he wouldn't mind sacrificing either. Carson and Perry are clowns, but thankfully no Palin so far.

Isn't the Department of Energy primarily concerned with nuclear stuff rather than fossil fuels?

Back