• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

I can't relate to anyone who thinks Joe Buck did even a remotely serviceable job throughout that coverage. The extra shot trackers were nice (although frequently off by a huge margin) but the rest of the coverage was complete garbage. Azinger was the only borderline competent announcer and he's still rough around the edges.

Beyond the absurdity of Holly Saunders playing monitor bimbo or the pointlessness of "cup microphones," the discussion of everything outside the pre-recorded specials was as shallow as last year. What iron is the player hitting? No idea. Where did the ball land? Cameras routinely panned around aimlessly. What are player X's tendencies? No idea. Let's analyze the swing of one of these newcomers the public doesn't know very well - oh wait let's not because nobody knows jack shit about the mechanics of the golf swing. Let's show a bunch of Ryan Brehm shots but ignore Xander and Haas as they tie Fowler for a top 5. And please let's replay the 10 minute Kevin Na discussion about a 120 yard tee shot 3 times because he's a youtube sensation instead of showing live golf.

Fox's shit coverage is a disservice to the US Open. They should have been forced to cover a few middling PGA Tour or silly season events before taking on the US Open.

all of this. three years (?) and it's not getting much better

At 7, Haas has one of the longer current streaks going of making the cut in a major. Think Speith has the longest current streak at 13.

I can't relate to anyone who thinks Joe Buck did even a remotely serviceable job throughout that coverage. The extra shot trackers were nice (although frequently off by a huge margin) but the rest of the coverage was complete garbage. Azinger was the only borderline competent announcer and he's still rough around the edges.

Beyond the absurdity of Holly Saunders playing monitor bimbo or the pointlessness of "cup microphones," the discussion of everything outside the pre-recorded specials was as shallow as last year. What iron is the player hitting? No idea. Where did the ball land? Cameras routinely panned around aimlessly. What are player X's tendencies? No idea. Let's analyze the swing of one of these newcomers the public doesn't know very well - oh wait let's not because nobody knows jack shit about the mechanics of the golf swing. Let's show a bunch of Ryan Brehm shots but ignore Xander and Haas as they tie Fowler for a top 5. And please let's replay the 10 minute Kevin Na discussion about a 120 yard tee shot 3 times because he's a youtube sensation instead of showing live golf.

Fox's shit coverage is a disservice to the US Open. They should have been forced to cover a few middling PGA Tour or silly season events before taking on the US Open.

So in for #BrowniePoints tho

That correction on the current girlfriend was about as cringey as you can get. Can't imagine that went over well when she saw the coverage later. I don't blame buck for that one, guessing the producers gagged that.

DC's post was spot on, the analysis was pretty shallow throughout. Zinger is improving though.

And as much as Fowler deserves to finally break through in a major, it was kinda relieving that Brooks blew away the field down the stretch and forced coverage somewhere other than Rickie mania. Fox's fellating would have been nauseating.

This is spot on.

No mention of Harman's 'chip on the shoulder'?

Holly Sonders looked like a stripper. Even moreso than usual.

It's downright embarrassing they parade her out there in stripper outfit and then expect viewers/golfers to take her questions and analysis seriously.

Didn't realize that former ESPN TV and Radio guy Eric Kuselias left his wife for Holly Saunders.

DC is spot on. I dont think the announcing team was awful, but lack of on-course reporters really hurt. It was basically the 18th tower announcing the entire round, so they had no idea about how a putt breaks, or what clubs players have been hitting at a certain hole, or any of the other insights you expect from a roving reporter following a couple of groups. Really poor.

I also thought the production was terrible. Especially early yesterday, they seemed to be jumping around way too fast. They completely lost me when Harman missed the green on 2 long left, and then the next shot they show was JT putting from behind the green with Harman's ball up on the green next to the hole. That was probably a nice chip, but we never saw it. Total amateur hour.

And we havent even brought up the ridiculous trophy presentation

It's downright embarrassing they parade her out there in stripper outfit and then expect viewers/golfers to take her questions and analysis seriously.

Well, we are talking Fox here.

Agree with most of the Fox criticism, but I kinda liked Clarke and wanted to hear more from him, and I like Strange's commentary more than Azinger, who isn't bad, but I've never really cared much for him. Are there folks here who don't like Strange doing commentary?

DC is spot on. I dont think the announcing team was awful, but lack of on-course reporters really hurt. It was basically the 18th tower announcing the entire round, so they had no idea about how a putt breaks, or what clubs players have been hitting at a certain hole, or any of the other insights you expect from a roving reporter following a couple of groups. Really poor.

I also thought the production was terrible. Especially early yesterday, they seemed to be jumping around way too fast. They completely lost me when Harman missed the green on 2 long left, and then the next shot they show was JT putting from behind the green with Harman's ball up on the green next to the hole. That was probably a nice chip, but we never saw it. Total amateur hour.

Yeah wtf was that? Total afterthought.

Well at least Diana Murphy didn't appear to be drunk like she was for Dustin last year and didn't call Brooks something like "Brick" as she did with the US Women calling Brittany Lang "Bethany." LOL.
Yeah wtf was that? Total afterthought.

Flew back from Orlando a few weeks ago and Curtis was on my flight. It felt weird, because I was in first class (rare for me, trust me) and Curtis walked right past me to coach. I know Curtis (I played golf at Wake several years after Curtis but know him from the outings we have done) so I went back and spoke to him for a bit. BTW, Curtis has an awesome license plate on his Mercedes (or used to) 2USOPENS

Last edited:
Didn't realize that former ESPN TV and Radio guy Eric Kuselias left his wife for Holly Saunders.

He didn't. He was fired at ESPN for sleeping with someone there and chasing half the skirts. He and his wife split then. After that, Kuselias (a member of MENSA btw) moved to Orlando to go to work for the Golf Channel. Which was a joke because he didn't know golf at all. He co-hosted Morning Drive when Holly was just getting started, and immediately started chasing her skirt - or what's under it. He is a noted world class horndog. Somehow she caved, and they got married. But word is that they are not together anymore and she was not wearing a ring at the US Open. Charlie Rymer is an old buddy and I get some scoop from him - but I may not have all that right. I haven't talked to him about it in a while and I am old and my memory sucks.

Last edited:

PGATour Radio seemingly had more on course reporters than the TV coverage.

Fuck all you Holly Sonders haters!! She looked good this weekend.

I wish Fox would get rid of the Top 4 leaderboard on the screen 75% of the time. It's not like football, basketball or baseball where pitch count, clock, play clock is changing constantly.

Fuck all you Holly Sonders haters!! She looked good this weekend.

I wish Fox would get rid of the Top 4 leaderboard on the screen 75% of the time. It's not like football, basketball or baseball where pitch count, clock, play clock is changing constantly.

BUT THE SCOREBOARD CHANGES WHEN THE BALL DROPS IN THE HOLE!!!!

Back