• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

If I had to guess, Bones will take some time off this year, maybe do a little TV, and then end up on Rahm's bag for next year.

That's some startling news. Would like to know what brought that on. That's as big a news item as when Tiger got rid of Stevie. Which reminds me, is Lacava caddying for someone else now?

That's some startling news. Would like to know what brought that on. That's as big a news item as when Tiger got rid of Stevie. Which reminds me, is Lacava caddying for someone else now?

It could be that Bones has a chance to pick up the bag of a Rahm or young gun. Would make sense if Bones feels he's got another 10 plus years looping. I don't really see Phil playing the Champions tour much and Bones certainly could have his pick of several guys bags.

If I had to guess, Bones will take some time off this year, maybe do a little TV, and then end up on Rahm's bag for next year.

That's probably a really good bet. Hadn't thought of that but makes perfect sense given the Michelson connection already there.

At 7, Haas has one of the longer current streaks going of making the cut in a major. Think Speith has the longest current streak at 13.

Haas has had a great year for Ryder Cup points, currently sitting in fourth. The only tournaments that count are the majors, WGCs, and Players. His best finishes this year are in WGCs (has a 3rd and 4th) and the US Open (5th).

This news did seem odd, but it makes sense for Bones to move on if he wants to stay in the game for another 5-10 years. He could definitely help a younger guy out and win some majors. I kind of see Phil like Steve Stricker pretty soon: just about majors only. I suspect he is moving that direction now. And Phil may just want to be with his brother a bit more. Someone would be very wise to grab Bones.

In his interview with David Faherty, Phil did not give any indication of cutting back. He made it seem like a given that he would make the next two Ryder Cup teams (the 2nd at age 50)

rumors are that he is

fox coverage wasn't terrible other than buck and the fact that the only bill haas shot shown yesterday was his putt on 18 and he came in 5th

I recall Jay Haas was in contention at Augusta one year - I want to say 3rd - and never made it on camera. So, like father, like son...

Surprised no one mentioned Curtis and his reading of the note card during the Brooks interview. Seems like question two was answered in question one. What I don't get is Curtis was labeled the funniest guy in the clubhouse by fellow golfers years ago... don't know why it doesn't come through on camera

Recall a pretty intense "discussion" between them at the Players(?), which was caught on TV, apparently over club choice.

17 on Sat or Sun Bones wanted him to hit 9, and Phil hit a wedge over the green into the water. PHil did not look happy with him.

17 on Sat or Sun Bones wanted him to hit 9, and Phil hit a wedge over the green into the water. PHil did not look happy with him.

As I recall Bones was surprisingly insistent about what he thought should be more club given the wind. He was rather quiet after Phil's ball went into the drink.

I recall Jay Haas was in contention at Augusta one year - I want to say 3rd - and never made it on camera. So, like father, like son...

Surprised no one mentioned Curtis and his reading of the note card during the Brooks interview. Seems like question two was answered in question one. What I don't get is Curtis was labeled the funniest guy in the clubhouse by fellow golfers years ago... don't know why it doesn't come through on camera

He just got on twitter. He shows way more personality there than I've ever seen on TV.

Back